Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying multiple products

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
dlowe
451 Views, 28 Replies

Deploying multiple products

I need to deploy AutoCAD 2008, Civil 3D 2008, LDT 2008, and Raster Design 2008. I'd like to do this all silently using a batch file. My first attempt was to simply call the SETUP programs consecutively. But the SETUP programs all launched together, and all but the first failed because only one can run at a time.

So I added start /wait to the command lines. I was hopeful that this would work, but as soon as the first SETUP finished its initialization phase, the second SETUP launched & failed as before.

Any suggestions for automating the install of multiple products?
28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: dlowe

I have added those files to a separate script labeled components.bat and I'm now calling that from the original script.

My script wasn't failing or anything, but I was receiving a error when opening the programs after install.

Both installs were still fully functional, but I have a feeling it might be related to the components not being installed. Message was edited by: ewells
Message 22 of 29
kenb

Hey J.

I am trying to setup my AutoCAD Deployments through Group Policies. I have setup the msi from the AdminImage and setup my OU for CADWorkstations, However first when the computer reboots it takes a long time to install then the install fails with an error explaining it could not validate serial number when it is from the network deployment Image. Can you tell me how exactly you setup your deployments for Group Policies for deploying ACAD. Any help would help, thanks!

My e-mail is egarcia@projectdesign.com
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous

Hi,

we use network licenses only, so we have only one serial number. Because you
can borrow the license for 6 months this works for all our needs.

If you have standalone licenses you have to make the "Multi-Seat Stand-Alone
Deployment" (2007). I have not done this but I think it should work. Which
version are you trying to install?

J.

wrote in message
news:5585778@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hey J.

I am trying to setup my AutoCAD Deployments through Group Policies. I have
setup the msi from the AdminImage and setup my OU for CADWorkstations,
However first when the computer reboots it takes a long time to install then
the install fails with an error explaining it could not validate serial
number when it is from the network deployment Image. Can you tell me how
exactly you setup your deployments for Group Policies for deploying ACAD.
Any help would help, thanks!

My e-mail is egarcia@projectdesign.com
Message 24 of 29
kenb

We have a network license running AutoCAD 2007. However I get that error message when I deploy through group policy. I used the msi that the network deployment creates for the Deployment packages for the group policy, is that the file I should be using?
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous

Yes, that is the correct file. Have you also the .mst -file in GPO?

J.

wrote in message
news:5586523@discussion.autodesk.com...
We have a network license running AutoCAD 2007. However I get that error
message when I deploy through group policy. I used the msi that the network
deployment creates for the Deployment packages for the group policy, is that
the file I should be using?
Message 26 of 29
pcchenard

As Jester said....be sure you attach the .mst file in the "modifications" section of the GPO.
Message 27 of 29
jah5869

Not sure if you are still looking for a solution but I posted a workaround on my blog awhile back using vb scripts.

Here is the post:
http://keepingthewheelson.typepad.com/keeping_the_wheels_on/2007/06/2008_product_in.html

Thanks,
John
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous

This is how I've managed to successfully deploy Inventor 2008 via Group Policies. I've created a script that runs at startup with the following commands:

\\servername\share\Inventor2008\AdminImage\setup32.exe
\\servername\share\Inventor200\AdminImage\Inventor2008.ini
ping -n 901 127.0.0.1 >NUL

The ping lets the setup program continue to its completion. Although this is for Inventor 2008, it also works for other Autodesk products.
Message 29 of 29
kapted

I have an off-topic question and with you having multiple Autodesk software packages, I will ask you first.

I want to cross grade from AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008 to AutoCAD MEP 2008. I may be wrong on this but if I get MEP 2008, I will not be able to use Civil 3D 2008 anymore - right? Or when I pay the $1,000.00 cross grade fee I have the ability to legally use both programs on one computer.

Thanks.
Ted

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report