Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying AutoCAD in multiple languages

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ukdxb012
1047 Views, 1 Reply

Deploying AutoCAD in multiple languages

All,

A user of ours would like the option to deploy AutoCAD as English and French on the same workstation... This is something i have never done before as typically we deploy all software in English. From what appears to be a straight forward request i'm having great difficulties finding information and best practice in doing this process.

Have any of you created or carried out a deployment image with English and another language???

Is it true to say that...

1. You can only setup installations to contain multiple languages but deploy only one per machine by modifying the deployment image? Meaning you would have to change the deployment image before you deploy in that language?
  2. You cannot have multiple language versions installed and running on the same machine unless they are different versions of AutoCAD?
  3. Would each installation have to be a seperate deployment image pathed to seperate locations? For example... C:Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - English and C:Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2012 - French. Would this work?

I would appreciate anyones views who have attempted this...

My views is that i would need a deployment image for each language. Modifying the deployment image is not an option for me, its too risky as we replicate our images to all offices.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hashim.mundol
in reply to: ukdxb012

Dynamic Language switching (similar to Office, Win 7 etc..) are not a option in AutoCAD yet.

It would be 2 parallel installations for each Language

1.Deployment process creates shortcuts specific to the Language used. I have written something about saving some space here

2.No, you can have in 2 different folders. GUID are bit different

3.Yes, this will work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report