Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying AutoCAD 2013 silently

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ItzikT
522 Views, 7 Replies

Deploying AutoCAD 2013 silently

Hi

I'm trying to deploy AutoCAD using SCCM to many computers and am having problems finding any kind of help online.

First, I need to know where I can learn about setup.exe switches and their use. I can't seem to find a list of switches anywhere.

Second I need to know if I can somehow use a pre created deployment to do this or maybe I should just install right off the original setup files.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ukdxb012
in reply to: ItzikT

Hi,

All this is taken care for you now by Autodesk 🙂

If you create a Deployment Image of AutoCAD 2013, you should notice in the location of the Network where you saved your Deployment Image that there is a folder called "SMS_SCCM scripts"... in here you should find the following information.

.\AdminImage\setup.exe /W /q /I AdminImage\AutoCAD 2013 x64.ini /language en-us

If you want to learn about switches then look up the type of installer but add on switches in the search on Google and you should pull up some useful info...

I always use Deployment Images as a starting point, append Service PAcks to the Deployment Images and then bolt on anything else at the backend of the install using the switch /qb so when installing its silent but you at least see something happening 🙂

Hope that helps!

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 8
ItzikT
in reply to: ukdxb012

I'll give it a try and let you know how it went.

Message 4 of 8
ukdxb012

How did you get on?

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 8
ItzikT

Did what you said and everything seemed to go well except it's not grabbing our license server info. I thouhgt it would since I put the info in when I created the deployment but it seems not.

We use a Single Server License with our serial # ofcourse.

Since it didn't work automatically with the deployment I'm guessing it's possible to put this info in through the command line I'm using? Right now I tried the default one which is .\AdminImage\SETUP.EXE /W /q /I AdminImage\RMI.ini /language en-US

If I could get the correct syntax to do this it's would be great.

Thanks

Itzik

Message 6 of 8
ukdxb012

Did you enter any Server details in the Deployment Image itself? We use the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE Environment System Variable to point the users to our license servers. Generally we push this variable out via Group Policy.

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 8
ItzikT

Yep that did it. All is working even with SP1.

Thanks for the help.

Itzik

Message 8 of 8
ukdxb012

Glad it all worked in the end! Don't forget Kudos 🙂

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report