Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying AutoCAD 2012 Setup is intializing for hours

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jkcasey
2533 Views, 8 Replies

Deploying AutoCAD 2012 Setup is intializing for hours

I have created an image on our single server that should deploy as silent, but it has shown a dialog box of setup is intializing for a couple of hours now. I have tried to recreate the image but the results have been the same on multiple client machines. NET 4 is installed on both the server and clients and I have disabled the virus protection. The server is 64 bit running Server 2008 R2 and the clients are 64 bit with Windows 7 Professional. Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
david.lau
in reply to: jkcasey

I would change  your install to not "silent" to see what the error could be.  There have been issues with the DWF Viewer which is a part of an older installation of Autodesk products circa 2009.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Trying-to-install-REVIT-Architecture-2011/m-p/2...

I would also turn off UAC and bump up Registry limit to unlimited.  See reference posts/blog details below:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/05/windows-user-access-control.html

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/07/windows-more-user-access-control-uac-settings.htm...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Microsoft-C-libraries-Error-19...

David Lau
Message 3 of 9
weaton
in reply to: david.lau

I'm having the same problem...been working at it for hours.  No logs are being produced to give any details as to what is happening except for this:

2011/8/6:16:05:03 we3815 NETENGWINXP-VM === Setup started on NETENGWINXP-VM by we3815 ===
2011/8/6:16:05:03 we3815 NETENGWINXP-VM Launch
2011/8/6:16:05:07 we3815 NETENGWINXP-VM === Setup ended ===

What is happening during the Initilization phase of installation?  From my investigation here, my guess is that it is running eval.msi under the AdminImage\setupres folder.  If you run this manually it just sits at checking your disk space and never goes any further.  I suspect this is the hangup on the initilization screen?

Very frustrating to find a clear answer to this issue.  Seems others have had issues but typical AutoDesk responses.

Message 4 of 9
weaton
in reply to: weaton

Scratch the eval.msi suggestion.

I've never had much of a problem with creating network deployments and getting them to work than I have with the 2012 products.  I'm using SCCM 2007 R3 and trying to deploy various 2012 products to Windows 7 x64 and Windows XP x86 clients.  All of which I'm having the same issues.  I've followed the docs in the deployment guide to install .NET 4 first and reboot, then the command line has the /W /Q.  Something is wrong here.

Message 5 of 9
Darin.Green

Weaton,

Here's a few suggestion that may help.

1. Make sure you're using the correct deployment types (i.e. 32bit or 64bit) to install on the corresponding machines?
  2. Log into the machine as a different user with Admin rights (recommend creating a new local admin account for this process) and try the installation again.
  3. Verify your antivirus software is disabled during the installation.

Let me know if this help.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 6 of 9
weaton
in reply to: Darin.Green

Thanks Darin.  When creating the deployment with the Autodesk tool and the shortcut it creates, it works fine on the machine.  However, as soon as I put it into SCCM for deployment and using SCCM deployment points, the install does not work.  I've followed the deployment instructions for SCCM exactly (pre-install .NET 4.0 and use the /W /Q command line parameters, but it does not work.  It's not all that different from what I've done with previous versions of AutoCAD products.  Something however appears to happen with either path information in an INI file or something when the deployment goes to a SCCM deployment point.  Not sure, just a hunch.

Anybody else succesfully get it to work with SCCM?

Message 7 of 9
david.lau

Can you provide the verbose logs from the SCCM?

David Lau
Message 8 of 9
jkcasey

I simply started from scratch. Redownload the application file and recreated the image. Everything worked fine the second time around. The only problem is our bandwidth here is extremely poor and it took soooo long to download the large file AGAIN. Thanks for the suggestions and good luck with your installations.

Message 9 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: jkcasey

I had a user with this exact issue yesterday and modifying the deployment so that silent mode was unchecked resolved the issue. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report