Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Definition of Seat

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
boltonschool
16917 Views, 10 Replies

Definition of Seat

Hi,

I'm trying to decide how many seats I require for my license and I was wondering is the definition for seat.  Is this the number of users that will be using the app or the number of PCs that the app will be installed on?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
DarrenP
in reply to: boltonschool

seats means license

1 seat = 1 license

1 license = 1 user

if your looking at 2 seats you are looking at 2 licenses for 2 users

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
Jriddoch
in reply to: DarrenP

@DarrenP wrote:

seats means license

1 seat = 1 license

1 license = 1 user

What does that mean for the number of computers that 1 user can install the software on?

Message 4 of 11
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Jriddoch

@Jriddoch

Welcome to the community...

@Jriddoch wrote:

@DarrenP wrote:

seats means license

1 seat = 1 license

1 license = 1 user

What does that mean for the number of computers that 1 user can install the software on?

What type of Autodesk license are your talking about?  Perpetual, term (desktop subscription), or network?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 11
niversen
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I have the same basic question. I have purchased 1 seat for Autocad LT 2015.  I am purchasing a new computer.  Can I have the program installed on both computers?

[Product Information Properties]
Monday, February 13, 2017 3:49:02 PM

License name: Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2015

Computer host name: xxxxxx

Product serial number: xxx-xxxxxxxx

Product key: xxxxx

License type: Standalone - Locked

License expiration date: None

License behavior: Permanent

License usage type: Commercial

License ID: ACDLT_F_S

License Model: Standard

Message 6 of 11
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: niversen

@niversen

When did you purchase this old version of LT?  If you just bought it then you purchased it from some place not allowed to sale that version.  All new purchases are based on 2017 not 2015.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 11

Related to this: we have a licensed (licensed for 1 person) Autodesk suite installed on a PC with one employee already using it. We have a consultant coming in next week who would need to use Inventor for a few hours. I know there is no need to worry about licensing for something so trivial, but just asking anyway: will the consultant's use of Inventor be a violation of the license?
Message 8 of 11

@techadminTLJTD

Its funny how you think there's no need to worry about a license for someone who may be using it for a couple hours of days but than ask is it okay if they do..  Smiley Wink

You have a single license of a suite product.  Yes the suite contains "X" number of products but that doesn't mean you get a separate license for each product.  In the end this person will not be able to use it because you can't install a single license of suite on another machine.  It would violate the rules and your organization could be fined.

If this was a single user subscription you could install the suite on numerous machines however you can only assigned one user to use the product in your Autodesk Account.  In addition to that, the named account can only be used once at given time on a given machine to authorize the use of the product.

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 11
mailZ9TJT
in reply to: DarrenP

This did not answer the question!! Can you get a 1 user subscription but load AutoCAD on multiple computers??

Message 10 of 11
deepesh_wig

from Autodesk:

"Licenses can't be shared, but each user can download and install the software on up to three devices."

Can I have multiple users on one product subscription? | AutoCAD | Autodesk Knowledge Network 

Message 11 of 11
mdavis22569

@deepesh_wig  you're posting on a 2014 post ... 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report