Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service won't help.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
kashtin
547 Views, 11 Replies

Customer service won't help.

The email they sent says I don't have a valid serial number, that I must have copied it incorrectly. Our office burnt last Monday, and we need Cad in order to get back to work.

Quote from customer service email:

"Hello from Autodesk,

Thanks for contacting us to get help activating your software. I can't provide additional assistance at this time because the serial number you provided is invalid:

Serial number:

Please verify the information listed above and reply to this message to provide us with your original serial number from the CD label/case or a scanned copy of your invoice for verification."

Below is a photo of the serial number on our original packaging.

How do I install this software on my replacement computers if Autodesk no longer recognizes the serial number?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: kashtin

was this bought at an authorized dealer?

i am having the admin delete your serial number because this is a public forum

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
pendean

You just gave away your lincesing information to every software pirate on the planet... 😞
Message 4 of 12
kashtin
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes, it was purchased at an authorized dealer. We had to call autodesk customer support for the original installation as it would not work then either. The service guy had me do something in the program then, but I can not remember now how it was done.

As far as removing the serial number, Autodesk says it is not valid anyway.

We need to work. Now.

This is my office.

Message 5 of 12
kashtin

I deleted the serial number and photo.
Message 6 of 12
NathanLos

If your company upgraded from AutoCAD LT 2011 to a newer release, then your previous serial number would have been marked invalid when a new one was provided for the upgraded version. Check to see if you're on subscription or have paid for an upgrade or cross-grade in the past few years.

Nathan Los
Principal Engineer
DLS-Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 12
dgorsman

An excellent example for proper off-site backups.  They should include all critical electronic files, not just drawings but also up-to-date serial numbers, contracts/invoices, reseller contact information, installers, Subscription Center log-in information, etc.

Your reseller should be able to help with associating serial numbers with your business (at least, ours does).  But you shouldn't rely soley on them for your critical business information either.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 8 of 12
kashtin
in reply to: NathanLos

No upgrade. No crossgrade. Customer service had to do something to make the original install work. Now, you can not even reach a rep by phone, just a generic email stating the serial number is not valid.

Message 9 of 12
kashtin
in reply to: dgorsman

All drawings are backed up off-site on a portable hard drive in a thousand pound fireproof safe along with our original purchased copy of autocad.

Message 10 of 12
jessica.t

Hi @kashtin,

I just looked up your serial number from your case and have been unable to locate it in our system, the same results as the Activation and Registration team. I also tried looking up your email address and found no serial numbers associated to your name. I understand that you have experienced a very serious hardship recently but is there any chance you have a copy of the purchase order for them to verify?

Apologies for your inconvenience. Please respond to your case directly or reply to this post with further questions or concerns.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 11 of 12
dgorsman

Time to update procedures to include the rest of the critical business information as well.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 12 of 12
NathanLos

That sounds and looks like a very challenging situation to be in. I hope the AutoCAD LT activation records can be located so you and your company can get up and running again soon. Best of luck.

Nathan Los
Principal Engineer
DLS-Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report