Installation & Licensing

Valued Mentor
acwtzwegers
Message 1 of 4 (325 Views)
Accepted Solution

Customer Service Request

325 Views, 3 Replies
03-09-2012 07:33 AM

although I received my licenses and key recently (exactly a week ago) from Autodesk and the first 5 installed fine, I now suddenly get 3 times "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again". I tried again, no result.

I pressed "Customer Service Request" but found out that the list(s) of things to fill out is longer then the ones you fill out when you buy the product (well, at least, I have no clue on what the correct answers would be as I don't have the contract on me... nor can I get it because Im actually staying longer here before the weekend so I can have these 3 machines installed and updated w/o interupting workflow.)

Are there more "instant" solutions available or can I better also just go home and enjoy the weekend? (note that my reseller is no longer available either etc).

:smileysad:

Oh... in fact these 3 machines are getting downgraded from The Design Suite (Ultimate) to just AutoCAD Mechanical. I used the uninstall tool to deinstall the DS, restarted, installed ACM 2012. Could the earlier license be the problem?

Hi!

I've replied to your private message with the serial numbers details.

Reply me back in case of issue.

Thanks!

Customer Service
celine.manca
Message 2 of 4 (319 Views)

Re: Customer Service Request

03-09-2012 08:04 AM in reply to: acwtzwegers

Hi!

I've replied to your private message with the serial numbers details.

Reply me back in case of issue.

Thanks!

Celine Manca
jblandin206
Message 3 of 4 (195 Views)

05-13-2013 02:42 PM in reply to: acwtzwegers

I've sent detailed information about my situation and why I would like my student license reinstated/reset I recently bought two personal computers that I returned after installing numerous Autodesk products on them  as a last resort I decided to build my own personal computer that I accidentally install the wrong kind of operating system on  an update instead of an OEM version of Windows eight I installed numerous Autodesk products on the bad operating system and had to redo the process of installation and licensing after I bought in the correct operating system I am a student these software programs are required to complete assignments from 3-D modeling textbook and my capstone Project any help is appreciated thank you

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 4 of 4 (190 Views)

05-13-2013 04:19 PM in reply to: jblandin206

Welcome to the community Jarrod!

I wanted to let you know that while we do not have the ability to reset a license or corresponding activation count, our License Assistance Team, whom I believe you've contacted previously, can provide the necessary activation code once an activation limit has been reached.

Simply fill out the previously linked form, providing your serial number + request code and an activation code will be emailed to you ASAP.

Hope that helped clarify / please let me know if I can be of additional assistance!

Philip Schmelzer
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.