Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom profile for installation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
boggsy19
608 Views, 2 Replies

Custom profile for installation

Installers,

I need to distribute autodesk 2011 to roughly 50-100 users and with this installation i need a few customizations incorporated for a the default profile.

I've installed 2011 on a clean box and made the customizations I need.  I can see from the options menu that I can export this profile and save it where ever I need.   My question is:   Can I use this exported profile as the default profile when I distribute the application to the masses and if so, where does the ARG file need to be located in the installation point for this to happen? Also, does it have to be a specific filename for this to work?   I'm very green with Autodesk, so I'm flying blind.

Thnx.

Mike Fanara

Yale University

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hashim.mundol
in reply to: boggsy19

Assuming the product as Autocad 2011.

Custom deployment is handled creating admin image which is documented here

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2011/ENU/pdfs/acad_install.pdf

for ARG file solution is to create a new shortcut

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS17887

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
boggsy19
in reply to: boggsy19

This is what I've done so far to get customizations in a deployment without any success.

From my installation point on the network, I ran the install on a clean XP machine.  Once installed, I ran Autodesk 2011 and made my necessary customizations i.e. said no thanks to Customer Program, change default workspace to AutoCAD classic and turned of the UCS icon in 2D modeling space.  At this point, I renamed the profile to "myprofile" and exported to a local directory. I then copy the myprofile.arg and acad.cuix files to the adminImage directory on the server.

Now I go to my installation point and use the modify deployment tool to change the default profile to "myprofile" and add the myprofile.arg and acad.cuix files to the additional files section.  I put them in these files in the  <installation directory>.  I then recreate the deployment.

On a clean workstation, I run the new deployment and everything installs fine.  When I lauch autocad, I see that the default profile is correct, but the workspace and UCS icon are not correct.  What piece of this modification and I missing?  Am I putting the files (acad.cuix and myprofile.arg in the wrong location from the modified deployment? i don't know.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thnx.

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report