Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
germyw68
235 Views, 8 Replies

CUI Help!!

I just received a new computer from my company and was transferring data from the old to the new. I am by no means a "tech-guru" but was wanting my previous set-up for use on the new computer. I am needing help in getting my CUI file correct.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: germyw68

CUI and CUILOAD from the command line should get you the dialog boxes you need to export and then load your CUI files. 

You can start here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/documentation/ACD/2013/ENU/files/GU...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
germyw68
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the help. I have managed to get myself in further trouble by deleting the cui files I made while failing at my attempts at importing the one from my previous computer....

Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Are they still on the old computer?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
germyw68

I copied them to a disc yesterday so that I could set up my laptop last night for use today. Not working out to well for me so far...

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

CUILOAD should put them into place, unless you named them acad.cui...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9
germyw68

I tried that earlier and unfortunately it brings in SOME of the info, but turns all the icons into clouds. Not understanding that part. Thanks for your help again!

Message 8 of 9
germyw68

Also, it does not bring in my workspaces or anything

Message 9 of 9
TravisNave

You can go into each one and change its cloud into the right one. Probably
pointed in the wrong place for the icon itself. Used to be a very common
problem when moving CUI files. You can search AutoCAD Cloud Icons all
day...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical-General/Ribbon-icons-all-turned-to-question-mark-cl...

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report