Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created Erroneous License File

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dobrien
556 Views, 6 Replies

Created Erroneous License File

This was my first time creating a license file and I accidentally used the computers IP address, instead of the physical address.  Obviously when I started the license manager it gave me an error.  I can't get another license file, so what are my options?

The FLEXnet Licensing error: -97, 121

Any help would really be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: dobrien

don't really know how that was possible

you have to generate another one no way around it

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

Darren is right.  The system should not have allowed for this.  And you should be able to get a new license file without issue. 

Please call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

1-800-551-1490 > Option 1 (English) > Option 2 > (Network)

Asia / Pacific: 65.6735.5688
Europe / Middle East / Asia: 41.32.723.9595

You will need to provide your serial number and ethernet ID of the new license server.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

are you sure a license file was generated?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
dobrien
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes a license file was generated, but maybe I'm missing something, because all I did was enter the information on the Autodesk website and it generated a file.  I didn't do it from my server, I did it from my workstation, so being a "newbie" at network licensing, how would the website know that I generated a bad file?  It created one, becasue I copied the file to my server.  Should I have done all this from my actual server?

Message 6 of 7
DarrenP

no it doesn't matter what computer you generate from as along as the host name and mac address matches the computer that will be hosting the license manager

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
dobrien

Okay, that makes sense to me, because it created the license file fine.  That was not the problem, but after the error message, I read up some more and realized I used the IP address instead of the physical address. I will call AutoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report