Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a local backup from Install DVD without Language Packs?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sprime1
231 Views, 1 Reply

Create a local backup from Install DVD without Language Packs?

I'm looking to "rip" all of our install DVD of our Autodesk products so that I can keep a digital copy of the files and get rid of the DVD's. The DVD has a bunch of language packs included, which I don't need, and take up a bit of room. Whats the easiest way to take the files from the DVD, without the language packs, to store on my backup hardrive?

Forgot to mention, I tried the whole "download the product from Autodesk" but it seems that when you install the product with these files, it continues to download something during the install, which increase install time. That doesn't happen when installing from the DVD files.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: sprime1

The easiest way would probably be to create a deployment that is setup exactly how you want it, then rip the deployment to DVD.  That's how I used to do it back in the day.  Then when you want to reinstall, you just copy it back to the server, share it, and go. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report