Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRC failed in msvbvm60.dll - Unexpected end of archive

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Digital_User
10865 Views, 15 Replies

CRC failed in msvbvm60.dll - Unexpected end of archive

Hi,

When i start installing SetupDWGTrueView2011_32bit_fra.exe, i get the installing starting and finishing on a CRC error :

See details below:

Extracting Program Files\DWG TrueView 2011\libtiff.dll
Extracting Program Files\Common Files\Common Files Folder\Autodesk Shared\WSCommCntr\lib\libxml2.dll
Extracting LiteHtml.dll
Extracting MRF\Setup\LiteHtml.dll
Extracting Program Files\DWG TrueView 2011\Shaders\Mr\lume.dll
Extracting Program Files\DWG TrueView 2011\Shaders\Ui\lume.dll
Extracting Program Files\DWG TrueView 2011\ManagedMC3.dll
Extracting MC3.dll
Extracting MRF\Setup\MC3.dll
Extracting MC3Res.dll
Extracting MRF\Setup\MC3Res.dll
Extracting mfc90u.dll
Extracting Program Files\DWG TrueView 2011\MgMdfModel.dll
Extracting Program Files\DWG TrueView 2011\MgMdfParser.dll
Extracting Program Files\DWG TrueView 2011\MgStylization-2_0.dll
Extracting Program Files\DWG TrueView 2011\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll
Extracting Program Files\DWG TrueView 2011\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.dll
Extracting Program Files\DWG TrueView 2011\Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.dll
Extracting Program Files\DWG TrueView 2011\Microsoft.Practices.Unity.dll
Extracting Program Files\DWG TrueView 2011\modlr18.dll
Extracting Windows\System32\Redist\MS\System\msstkprp.dll
Extracting Windows\System32\Redist\MS\System\msvbvm60.dll
CRC failed in Windows\System32\Redist\MS\System\msvbvm60.dll

Unexpected end of archive

I have only 7zip 4.57 or Winzip 9.0 SR1, not Winrar (can't install it; no license). So i don't know if the problem could come from it or not. Or if your install CRC is corrupted. When i check the zip with 7zip, it says the message below (image enclosed). 

Started to install this 2011 version when previous install DWG TrueView 2009 started to fail launching. 

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Digital_User
in reply to: Digital_User

No news ?

Need more details ?

Message 3 of 16
Digital_User

Okay, thanks for the lack of answer.

I switched on a rival product.

Subject closed.

Message 4 of 16
frhervet

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer but download again DWGTrueView2011 and disable your anti-virus during the install.

Best regards.

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 16
epelj1

I'll hijack the OP's thread if he's done with it.

Having similar issues but with 3D Studio Max Design.

CRC fails on a number of cab files, no antivirus running.  I've tried the automatic downloads, as well as the "if you're having trouble downloading use your browser" option, but give the same result.

CRC failed in support\dotnetfx\dotnetfx35.exe

CRC failed in support\ADSKMaterials\ILM\Common~1.cab

CRC failed in support\Partners\Composite\x64\runtime.cab

CRC failed in support\Partners\CityScape\CityScape1_8_0.msi

CRC failed in support\components\Components_3dsMaxDesign2011_32-bit.msi

CRC failed in support\components\Components_3dsMaxDesign2011_64-bit.msi

CRC failed in support\Partners\Composite\x64\Composite 2011.msi

CRC failed in support\Partners\Composite\Composite 2011.msi

CRC failed in SetupRes\eval.msi

CRC failed in support\SAMreport-Lite\Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_04.msi

Am I missing something?

Message 6 of 16
frhervet
in reply to: epelj1

Hi,

Perhaps a problemwith your RAM.

Try to copy your download on another PC and test to install.

You can also phone your reseller or Autodesk to have a DVD.

Franck Hervet

S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 16
epelj1

Is there a solution if that is the case?

Message 8 of 16
Digital_User
in reply to: frhervet

Hi, thanks for the answer, i retried the install and it blocked at another step on the Windows Update.
Extracting msi\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe
Extracting msi\WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-ia64.exe
CRC failed in msi\WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-ia64.exe

Extracting msi\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exeExtracting msi\WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-ia64.exeCRC failed in msi\WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-ia64.exe

CRC error appears at the end of the install bar it seems.

Why are there Windows Server 2003 updates necessary on a Windows XP Pro SP2?

Message 9 of 16
frhervet

it is not necessary but it's part of the archive of Dwgtrueview2011.

Try to copy your download on another PC and test to install.

Then we know if it's the archive or your pc the problem.

Franck Hervet

Message 10 of 16
in reply to: frhervet

Having similiar issues... Tried downloading 2012, 2011, and 2010 revisions of Inventor along with 2012 3DS Max Design all of which give me the silimiar error messages. I don't have another computer to download to and am not the greatest at figuring all this stuff out. My system is as follows:

Operating system is Windows 7 premium 64 bit

AMD A4-3305M APU with Radeon HD Graphics (2 CPUs)= 1.9 GHz

Ram 8GB

AMD Radeon HD 6480G Graphics card

Also I had disabled the antivirus thru-out the whole process. Is my system the problem or did I miss something...

I am using WINRAR install 

Message 11 of 16

Yeah I have been trying to get someone to help me from the contact us on the main site for over two month. I have gone though this forum with no luck. If there is a link that can help me please let me know. The contact us e-mail referred me here with no real explaination of what could be wrong PLEASE HELP I am exetremly frustated at the complete lack of help and the length of time I have gone without even a clue as to whats wrong. I have watched all the install videos and believe that I have done everything correctly. Even an explaination of what a CRC error is would be appreicated. Oh due to the lack of response I will now on will be leaving messages daily until I get some infromation.  

Message 12 of 16
bielskj
in reply to: 08956599

Dear 08956599,

I see that you have two educational products with us.  Please send me a Private Message (click on my bielskj profile name, then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number so I can research your issue.

Lucio.Bielski
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 16
bielskj

Dear08956599,

I have sent you a private message with a case number.  Please let me  know if I can help you with anything else.

Lucio.Bielski
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 16
Sury001
in reply to: bielskj

Hi, I have the same problem, got Windows 7 x64, tried to install inventor x64 versions 2012 and 2013, both didnt succed, giving me the same error as above "CRC failed in x64....." for more than one file. What can I do to fix it? Please help me, I switched my antivir and firewalls off during download and instalation.

I'm attaching .txt file with the results of instalation, hoping it will help you solve my problem.

Regards.

Message 15 of 16
TravisNave
in reply to: Sury001

Problems downloading the Autodesk software and/or CRC errors may be avoided by using another web browser, or using the alternate browser download method.

For more detailed information on this process, please see the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 16 of 16
alaa28

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report