Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRC failed in Content\ADSKMaterials

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
nkk123
4658 Views, 16 Replies

CRC failed in Content\ADSKMaterials

Extracting x64\max\Autodesk_3ds_Max_2012_FCS.cab
Extracting x86\max\Autodesk_3ds_Max_2012_FCS.cab
Extracting x86\Components\backburner\backburner.cab
Extracting 3rdParty\DirectX\BDANT.cab
Extracting 3rdParty\DirectX\BDAXP.cab
Extracting x86\max\CER_Glob.cab
Extracting x64\max\CER_Glob.cab
Extracting x86\max\CER_Loc.cab
Extracting x64\max\CER_Loc.cab
Extracting x86\max\CommCenter.cab
Extracting x64\max\CommCenter.cab
Extracting Content\ADSKMaterials\2012\ILM\Common~1.cab
CRC failed in Content\ADSKMaterials\2012\ILM\Common~1.cab
Unexpected end of archive

I've redownloaded many times on difrent browsers and have my secruity disabled... what is up with this?

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
nkk123
in reply to: nkk123

It's the free, student download if that makes any difrence

Message 3 of 17
TravisNave

Problems downloading the Autodesk software and/or CRC errors may be avoided by using another web browser, or using the alternate browser download method.

For more detailed information on this process, please see the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 17
nkk123

Thanks for the quick reply! I've tried difrent browsers, but not the browser download option. I'll give it a whirl and let you know how it works!
-Nick
Message 5 of 17
nkk123

No dice, any other sugestions on what to do?

-Nick

Message 6 of 17
TravisNave

That typically works.  You can also try downloading from another computer.  If your anti-virus is running (especially if it scans inside of compressed archives) then you might try downloading with that disabled. 

On a side-note, have you downloaded all of the parts to this program?  Unexpected End of Archive errors can generally mean either the download itself wasn't fully completed or you are missing an addtional *.rar file in the set.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 17
nkk123

What are these "other parts"? On the education community, when I select the program to download, there is just one button and the one thing in the download.
Message 8 of 17
Star250

I'm having the exact same problem.

Message 9 of 17
sigvek

I have tried numerous times this weekend. Downloaded with two Macs and four PCs. I have tried from home, work and a friend. I have tried with OS X Lion, Win Vista, Win 7 and Win 8. Different browsers like IE, Firefox(Aurora), Chrome and Safari.

I have tried to just run the self extractor and manually extract it using different applications like 7-Zip, WinRaR, Unarchiver.

I get the same result every time.

My guess is that Autodesk is using a reverse proxy of some kind, that cache the file we download. That file or the cache is corrupted.

Message 10 of 17
nkk123

So what is the sugested solution for this, or is there nothing I can do? Should I be looking for some other program, or is this problem fixable?
Message 11 of 17
sigvek

Finally I got it Smiley Very Happy

What I did:

1. Navigate to the download as usual
  2. When you see the "Download" button, do not click it.
  3. Right-click the "Download" button, and copy the link location.
  4. Open a new tab in your browser and paste the link in the url.
  5. Remove the character "2" from the host part of the url: studentsdownload2.autodesk.com...
  6. When it looks like this "studentsdownload.autodesk.com...", press enter.
  7. Tadaaa
Message 12 of 17
britneyjaneway
in reply to: sigvek

sigvek is a freakin genius! thanks dude!

Message 13 of 17
nkk123

Thanks! Worked like a charm!

-Nick

Message 14 of 17
zeclawson

Amazing thank you!!

Message 15 of 17

Brilliant! Worked a treat! Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 17

Omg i am getting so frusterated! there is only browser download and when i right click it it doesnt say copy link url i need help!Cat Sad

Message 17 of 17
in reply to: 26378239

Oh nevermind i got it to work, i just used firefox instead of chrome and it worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report