Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not obtain license

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
RichardusS
651 Views, 5 Replies

Could not obtain license

I'm a technical support on a reseller company. My customer changed the IP address (from IP 192.168.7.47
to192.168.6.47) in a same server, same physical address. After doing this, the application could not able to obtain a license. How to solve this problem ?

Thank You

Richardus S

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: RichardusS

Well, the 192.168 is a class C network, so make sure that the clients are either on the same 192.168.7.xxx subnet or are able to at least PING that subnet thru the network.  With the change, if the local DNS is not being updated properly (or WINS if used) then the issue could simply be name resolution.  Making a temporary change in each client's hosts file to point to the new IP address should resolve the issue.

Changing the IP of the server will not invalidate the license, so it's basically just a connectivity issue.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
A4E
Explorer
in reply to: TravisNave

This sounds kind of like my problem - how do I check this issue with my clients? i have confirmed the clients are on the same 192.168.12.xxx and can ping - but I don't know how to change host files to point to new IP address
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: A4E

Instruction is in my IPv6 link. Put the new IP and servername in the
file. Verify with PING. Also try the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE variable.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
RichardusS

Autodesk Customer Support has reply to my email about my problem, and give me suggestion :

Open licpath.lic file, open it with Windows notepad, change the IP address to the correct one,
It works, and now the problem solved. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

That will work, but not all apps use that file.  The preferred method is the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system environment variable.  It supersedes all other settings, including the licpath.lic file.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report