Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not obtain license

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
karthur1
6925 Views, 7 Replies

Could not obtain license

Trying to start Autocad, get the message "Could not obtain license... see administrator" , error code -15.570.10035

Situation : This has been working, but recently, for some unknown reason, it does not work now.

Here is what I know or have tried:

1. I tried pinging the IP address from the client and that worked.  (network is working)

2. In LMTools, Perform status Enquiry, shows 2 licenses issued, 0 in use. (so there is a license available)

3. I tried using the IP address in the Flexnet License file finder dialog.  Also tried the host server name, but neither worked. In both cases, it returned a message.... License server returned a networking error, see administrator, then I get an error -15.570.10035.

4. I added the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable and specified the host name, but that didnt work.

5. I compared the Host name and the Host ID in LMTools with the license file and they are the same.

6. Rebooted client.  Rebooted Server.  Didnt help.

Any ideas?  I am stumped and can't use my Autodesk product.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
karthur1
in reply to: karthur1

I found this article on the -15.570.10035 error, that describes my problem exactly.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=5913679&linkID=9240617

Everything listed here seems to be in order, but it still gives me the error.

Both the client and the server is using IPv4.

Message 3 of 8
TravisNave

What OS is the server NLM running on?  And your client?

When you PING the server by hostname, what is the response on the client?

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 8
karthur1
in reply to: TravisNave

The server is running Windows Server 2008 x64.... Client is on XP - x64.

When I ping the IP at the client, I get this...

2011-05-13_1134.png

On the server, both IPv4 and IPv6 is selected under the Network Connection Properties dialog.

On the client, under the Network Connetctions, it says (TCP/IP)... but I assume that it is v4, but not sure.

I had autodesk send me a new license file... thought that might be the problem, but that didnt help.

Message 5 of 8
TravisNave

Looks good to me.  If your NLM is showing available licenses and your PING is IPv4 as it shows above, yet you are still getting a -15, it might be a timeout latency issue.

Along with your ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE system environment variable, try adding this one too:

FLEXLM_TIMEOUT

That value of one-million equals one second and it typically enough time to make a connection. 

Also, try to make sure that the Windows Firewall on your server is either disabled or allows for exception on all four NLM license files:  lmgrd.exe, lmtools.exe, lmutil.exe, and adskflex.exe.  Then make exceptions for ports 2080 and 27000~27009 as well. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 8
karthur1

@TravisNave wrote:

Also, try to make sure that the Windows Firewall on your server is either disabled or allows for exception on all four NLM license files:  lmgrd.exe, lmtools.exe, lmutil.exe, and adskflex.exe..... 

Had already tried to change the timeout value... didnt help.

On the server, I made exception in the Windows Firewall to allow for the 4 programs above... it works now!!

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
TravisNave

Excellent.  Glad you are up and running.  There are so many problems can can cause this error these days on the NLM that we just basically have to hit them one at a time until you get the resolution. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 8 of 8
karthur1

Yea, I just figured that out this morning.  Didn't know I was going to have a 3 hour class on the Autodesk License Manager.  Whats weird is that it has been working before without the exceptions on the firewall.... then today this happens.

Thanks again for the help, would have taken me much longer without it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report