Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not install Revit 2012 in my computer?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1118 Views, 8 Replies

Could not install Revit 2012 in my computer?

Autodesk Revit Architecture

I have download this program in my computer so many times and yet I could not install inspite i have the right serial numbers and product key.  On the the final stage were your about to "install", this button on installation is not lighted or could not touch this "install button".  Do I need to download another Revit 2012 version?  Please advise.  thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bielskj
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello gfcruz,

I saw that your product wasn't registered, which could be causing a problem with the instalation.  I have now registered your product and I believe you will be able to instal the product now.  However, if you are still having issues, please provide screen shots of the error that you are receiving and also your system configuration.

As a side note, please do not post sensitive (ie, serial number) as this is a public forum and everybody is able to see your information.

Lucio.Bielski
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: bielskj

Hello Lucio,

Thanks for your quick response.  I have try to install this revit 2012 again in my computer and still I could not install or I don't have other choices on those three lower right buttons except "back and cancel" are the choices.  I need your advise.  Should I delete all my previous download revit compressed file? Thanks.

Message 4 of 9
bielskj

Hi gfcruz,

Please try deleting all of those files and try downloading a new copy of revit.  If that doesn't work, please provide more information about your system so we can look more into it.

Lucio.Bielski
Front Desk Representative

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: bielskj

Lucio,

I dealeted all my previous revit 2012 program files from revit zipped files then downloaded this files through another drive because my laptop has 124 GB only.  My laptop is Toshiba 2010 Satellite with Windows 7.  I have the same problem that i could not install this program in computer.  the only buttons that has light ups are the "back & cancel" only with right serial numbers and product keys.

Please I need your advise.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 9
DannyHubbard

Is there a green check mark to the right of the serial number and product key boxes? If not the numbers on incomplete or incorrect and the Next button will not be enabled.

Can you upload a screen capture of the dialog you are stuck at?

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 9
vandreferreiramonteiro

Hi There,

I had last year installed Revit 2011 on my laptop with a student version but earlier this year my laptop broke and the IT guy was able to restore my Data info. into a External Drive, this means I can only access to softwares and information of my old computer when I connect to my new laptop.

This is working fine for Autocad and Ecotec somehow Revit opens fine but it says is a DemoView Mode software and therefore I am not allowed to save or print anything!!!  I wonder I could install my Revit 2011 student version again on my new laptop and if so do I need any other code ... meanwhile, to advance with my work while I do not sort it out my preview installations who only perish in 2014 the licenses, a friend installed a free trial on my new laptop Revit 2012 who says is unregistred and I am also not able to use... I simply dont know what to do, I have contact the support team before but I have not heard anything so far; could you please help to make my student versions to work.

If I could at least have the free trial while the student version is not working it would be a great help, I am really far behind on work.

Thanks

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: vandreferreiramonteiro

I also am having trouble instaling revit archictecure 2012.  I bought a laptop and installed it fine.  Then i had to return it and bought a new one.  I redownloaded the program and when it comes to asking for the codes i get 2 green check marks, one for the serial and one for the product code.  But then instead of taking 10-15 minutes to load it loads in 2 mintues and gives me 3 red x's saying that none of the programs loaded. 

I don't know what the problem is.  

Can you help?

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

here are the screen shots of what happens after only one of 21 parts of the program installs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report