Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting an AutoCAD license from Mac to PC?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
lee
Participant
1439 Views, 7 Replies

Converting an AutoCAD license from Mac to PC?

Can I convert my AutoDesk AutoCAD Mac license to a PC? If not, can I upgrade to a PC 2014 version and with my Mac license number?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: lee

read through this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/AutoCAD-2014-Windows-Mac-cross-license/td-p/391...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
lee
Participant
in reply to: DarrenP

That only works if I have a subscription. Unfortunately I do not. Any other ideas please?

Message 4 of 8
DarrenP

you didn't read the whole thread

Confirming that you can in fact use your AutoCAD 2014 serial number and product key to Activate AutoCAD for Mac 2014.

I also wanted to point out that per the Autodesk Product Activation FAQ, most license types (excluding educational) allow the software to be installed and activated on 2 separate machines, as long as you are the sole user and the 2 aren't used concurrently. AKA you could in theory have AutoCAD installed on both your Mac and PC at the same time.

Philip Schmelzer

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
lee
Participant

Thank you for the info but how would I download the 2013 PC version without accessing the subscription center?

Message 6 of 8
lee
Participant

I was finally able to locate my download center but only AutoCAD for Mac was available for download. How do I access the Windows version?

Message 7 of 8
DarrenP

you could go this route but this currently down right now

You can access most current + previous supported version Browser Download links (including the Design & Creation Suites) through Matt, Autodesks Virtual Assistant. http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
>download links

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
lee
Participant

It being down right now explains a lot of my problem right now. I'll try again later. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report