Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert AutoCAD 2014 Trial into Full AutoCAD from Plant Design Suite Install

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Earl.Morrill
1743 Views, 2 Replies

Convert AutoCAD 2014 Trial into Full AutoCAD from Plant Design Suite Install

I downloaded an AutoCAD 2014 trial to get our standard files set-up so they would be ready to go when we can download from the Subscription Center.

We downloaded, and built the deployment for networked Plant Design Suite Standard 2014 (including AutoCAD).

When performing the install from the deployment, everything was installed except AutoCAD (the trial was still installed).

The Trial is still a trial.

When I launch the AutoCAD trial, and select the "enter serial number", and enter the serial number and product key for PDS, it errors and states that it is not a valid serial number for this product.

How can I get the full license for AutoCAD under the Suite?

Thanks,

Earl

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jroper
in reply to: Earl.Morrill

The trial installation is a standalone installation.  If you have set up your Plant licenses on a network server, you will need to install a network version of Plant.  It will say the serial number is not valid if it is a network serial number.  You will have to uninstall and reinstall AutoCAD and select the network install type.

Message 3 of 3
Earl.Morrill
in reply to: Jroper

Thanks Jroper,

I ended-up going back to a restore point prior to the PDS install, uninstalled teh AutoCAD trial, restarted, then re-installed the PDS.

Seems fine now.

Earl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report