Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Distinguished Contributor
GilesPhillips
Message 1 of 2 (56 Views)

Convert 3ds max license to 3ds max design???

56 Views, 1 Replies
11-05-2013 03:52 AM

We have recently, as a company concentrated, some resources, and the software from one of our branches has come back under my supervision.  Historically we have used 3ds max design in house for architectural visuals, however coming from our branch is a license for 3ds max (no design).  The additional license would be useful as we have 3 users currently squabbling over 1 seat.  However I think to use the additional seat I would need to install the 2 version of the software on each users workstation - this is not desirable.

I recall once upon a time when 3ds max split into the 2 product existing users were offered a choice of which path to follow. This suggests to me that the 2 products are of equal value.

Would it be possible as a subscription customer to switch a license so both were the same? Has anyone tried this sucessfully?

G

ACad, MEP, 3DS Max
Windows 7x64
X5482 @3.2Ghz 8Gb Ram
Quadro FX1700
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 2 (46 Views)

Re: Convert 3ds max license to 3ds max design???

11-05-2013 06:17 AM in reply to: GilesPhillips

GilesPhillips wrote:

Would it be possible as a subscription customer to switch a license so both were the same? Has anyone tried this sucessfully?

G

this switch isn't free

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.