Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contributing Work under a Student License/Accepting donations

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
DennisZve
323 Views, 1 Reply

Contributing Work under a Student License/Accepting donations

Hello, at the moment I plan to contribute models and textures I created with my student licensed products to an indie game which is supposed to be released and distributed freely i.e. as soon as it is released everyone will be allowed to download it freely. As far as I understood my license agreement this would befine, because it neither falls under a commercial, profit or professional usage of the software (everyone's working on his freetime on this). While searching this forum I did found a few posts from Autodesk Support Members telling exactly this.

Now the team plans to take donations to pay expenses like website hosting, buying cloud storage and such. While none of the teammembers will get a monitary benefit from this, I worry that this might already fall under a commercial purpose. I would like to have some clarification on this.

Kind regards

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: DennisZve

Hi DennisZve,

Student Licenses are for the sole purpose of the students to practice and use the software while still in school, any other usage beyond this is not within Autodesk's Terms and Agreement.

You can log into the Education Community site for more details on the Licenses and Services Agreement. 

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report