Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Center Default Location Changes on Deployment

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
l85eagle
1574 Views, 3 Replies

Content Center Default Location Changes on Deployment

I work in IT for a school district and deployed Inventor 2015 and a couple other Autodesk products this summer.  I am now having an issue with Inventor 2015 where the content center files are not showing up for users.    I have tried recreating the deployment and verifying that everything works before Windows syspreps the PC, but afterwards the problem still exists.  This is fixable by editing the content center files location at Manage>Projects>Folder Options>Content Center Files but I would prefer to have the product working without settings changes.

When users go to place from the content center, there is nothing listed.  I installed Inventor from a network deployment I created which included the content center files, I then sysprep and capture the disk in order to deploy the image to the classroom.  

On further review I found that the content center files loaded just fine before I prepped the master image for deployment.  After capturing the master image and sysprepping the PC the default location for the content center files changed from C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Content Center\Libraries to C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Inventor\Content Center Files\R2015.  I want to know if there is a way to fix this or prevent it from changing when prepping the image for deployment; or even a simple fix that can be done without having the open the program, like a registry edit.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi  l85eagle,

I didn't quite follow all of the details, but it might help to review a couple of things about the Content Center setup.

First there are 2 parts to the Content Center:

• The Content Center Libraries = the files loaded from the install that are just a collection of tables that contain information about how to build the Content Center part files.
  • The Content Center Files = the actual *.ipt files that are generated and stored on disk when the users places a Content Center part.

The Content Center Libraries location is set by going to:

Tools tab > Application Options > Content Center tab

Whereas the Default Content Center Files location is set at one (or both) of these 2 locations:

• Tools tab > Application Options > File tab > Default Content Center Files setting.
  • Manage > Projects > Folder Options > Content Center Files

If the "Projects > Folder Options" setting is set, it overrides the "Application Options > File tab" setting.

I think you're mixing up some combination of these settings, so hopefully my description of them can help you sort it out to get your deployment working as expected. But I might be mistaken, and simply misunderstanding your situation.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: l85eagle

This sounds like the problem I have run into with our deployments, too.  The deployment includes a .xml file with our standard application options, including the network location of our desktop content library.

When installed from this deployment, all application options are set as expected with one exception-- the desktop content library location, which reverts to the default location.  If the user imports the same exact .xml file manually, the location is set properly.  I don't recall for sure, but I think this happened with 2014, too.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 4 of 4
janthenat
in reply to: l85eagle

I have the very same problem here. Did you ever find a fix? I have located the registry entry that stores the setting, it's here... (how it should look, as far as I know)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion19.0\System\Preferences\File

Type = REG_SZ

Value name
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Bin\Inventor.exe:ContentCenterDir

Value data
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Content Center\Libraries\

Interestingly, if you change the registry entry as noted above the Inventor Application Options setting shows this:

Default Content Center files
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Content Center\Libraries\

Any thoughts?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report