Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting remotely with a server license?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Paul-FlintGrp
643 Views, 9 Replies

Connecting remotely with a server license?

I need some help / advice as the IT dept has blown this off as unable to accomplish.

We access our AC/Inventor license off of a server, in a non vault configuration.  We can do such either by a hard line or wireless inside the facilty.  We need the ability to connect remotly and access and use AC/ Inventor.

We can connect to the company servers through VPN.  But we get license errors as soon as with start up AC/VPN.

We manually enter the server location both through a web addess and a IP address and neither works.  Serching the server and selecting the file also does not work, but we can search to the location with no issues.

We are able to ping the server with no issues.

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreiciated.

Paul

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: Paul-FlintGrp

try settings this up: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617

you set this up on the machine that has autocad installed

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
TravisNave

And this...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7574782&linkID=9240617

FLEXLM_TIMEOUT value should be set at one-million to start (= 1 second) and increased by a million until the connection works over VPN.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 10
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

what error are you getting when you open up autocad?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
Paul-FlintGrp
in reply to: DarrenP

Darren,

Reading the links now.

Attached error

error.png

Paul

Message 6 of 10
DarrenP

i can't read that

too small of a picture

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
Paul-FlintGrp
in reply to: DarrenP

Sorry see if this is any better, that was from a email I sent to IT.

error.png

error code is [-15.570.0]

Message 8 of 10
TravisNave

Yeah, -15 is either caused by latency over VPN that can be corrected via the FLEXLM_TIMEOUT variable and/or is caused by firewall blocking the ports 2080 and 27000 thru the VPN.

You can test this remotely when VPN thru Internet Explorer with http://servername:port

Just make sure both ports give a response and not a 'Page cannot be displayed' error.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 9 of 10
DarrenP

try setting up the 2 enviroment variables that me & Travis posted above

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 10

Thanks Guys, this worked.

I did both options listed and it connected.

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report