Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration file may be locked by another process or have been set Read Only

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jkubric99
10732 Views, 6 Replies

Configuration file may be locked by another process or have been set Read Only

Hello,

I created a new deployment package for Plant 3D 2012. Everytime I install it onto a machine (XP or Win 7) I open the program and get an error message

"Configuration file may be locked by another process or have been set Read Only(.cfg,.bak).

File:C:\program files\autodesk\autocad plant 3d 2012 - english\acad2012.cfg

Please correct this problem and press Retry or press Cancel to exit the application."

I have searched the location it said and I do not find any file called acad2012.cfg.

I have tried to create the deployment several times and getting the same result.

Any Ideas

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rosewarnecad
in reply to: jkubric99

Hi,

Has this problem been resolved? I'm getting the same error message with AutoCAD 2012 from Building Design Suite for Education.

Any help in fixing this would be great.

Regards

Shaun

Message 3 of 7
TravisNave

Make sure the user has local admin rights, UAC is off, and anti-virus is disabled.  Also make sure the deployment share has full read/write access to everyone.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 7
buddha1985

Find .CFG file in installation path,

take .CFG file backup

open with notepad

find appdata string in notepad (starting 3 or 4th line)

delete login username and type your system user name

and save

if it is asking read only file

you can save in any other location

then replace it

untitled.JPG

then run application................................

Message 5 of 7
zajacpoziomka
in reply to: buddha1985

Hi,

has anyone got the solution to the problem of not actually having the acad2012.cfg file?

I'm having the same problem after installing 2012, the cfg file is missing - nothing to open with notepad and modify in any way.

Please help!!

Message 6 of 7
sgarland
in reply to: zajacpoziomka

Here is the solution that I found:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-mechanical/learn-explore/caas/blog/upandready.typepad....

You can give all users modify writes to the Program files, but thats not the best solution. I asked the question if you can change the settings without re-installing:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/file-may-be-locked-by-another-process-or-have-b...

Hope this helps you.

Steven

Message 7 of 7
ebrahim_ft

I encountered this problem.

Simply right-click on the program icon and click "Run As Adminster"
. The program will run without any problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report