Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent usage Network license on subscription

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rick
1881 Views, 7 Replies

Concurrent usage Network license on subscription

I understand, that we can run multiple versions of autocad (up to the last 3) on a single workstatio under the subscription license.

I was under the impression we could concurrently run say a session of 2011 and 2009 without requiring a separate license for each from the license server.

Can someone tell me if I am mistaken, or if that is permitted, what I need to change in the License Manager to allow the concurrent use of licenses on the same machine.

Thanks,

...Rick

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: rick

Do you have a license that contains a Subscription PACKAGE feature?  This should allow you to run your current version and your previous version from the same pool.  If you have a license that includes 2011 and a combined 2009, then it will not work in the same fashion.  If will also not work if the licenses are from different AutoCAD verticals.  Mechanical and Vanilla AutoCAD will pull differnt licenses in this case.  Please clarify your situation. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
rick
in reply to: TravisNave

Um....

We have a subscription, with three network licenses.  I am not familiar with a "package" feature.  Can you explain?

Thanks.

...Rick

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

If your license file was generated as a Subscription license file, it will contain a PACKAGE line in the .lic along with the INCREMENT line.  Your server status enquiry will then break down the seats and show the available licenses going back 3 versions. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
XSI_Support

Running two different versions (such as 2011 and 2010) on the same computer will take two licenses.

// Stephen Blair
// Product Support Team Lead, Softimage/3dsMax
// Montreal, Quebec, Canada
// Blog: xsisupport.wordpress.com
Message 6 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: XSI_Support

Stephen,

I think you are right, this is by design.  I'd like to discuss this OTR.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 8
rick

Looking on the subscription page, there seems to be a provision for use of previous versions - I requested it, but not sure what it will do for me if anything.

Why using two versions on the same computer should require two licenses is beyond my comprehension.  it this is actually the case, it is just another instance where Autodesk is being excessively greedy. 

Its bad enought that they limit it us to three years, which occasionaly prevents us from working with and/or plotting an older project that comes back to life.

Sorry - needed to rant a little.

...Rick

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

I agree, but Autodesk just won a high court ruling that basically says that their license is granted to you by them and that you do not own the license.  It is what it is.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report