Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer Died, Need License Transfer URGENT

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
770 Views, 5 Replies

Computer Died, Need License Transfer URGENT

Hi,

My Macbook Pro recently needed to have the logic board replaced and ever since, I can't open Maya. It just brings up the Autodesk Auto Configuration Wizard, and if I try to input my old license, or get a new one and input that, I get an error that says:

ERROR: FEATURE MayaUnltd has invalid host identifier of 001b63ce0ad0

I did some looking online and found a forum that says that the license might have been tied to my old logic board.  I tried to find a solution to this, and some people were talking about a License Transfer Utility, but I can't find it on my computer, and not much information about finding it online.

I really need a license transfer to my new logic board, PLEASE HELP!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Get a new activation from Autodesk.  Reactivate your product from the software and then call 1-800-551-1490 with your request code. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.  Do you think you could elaborate on what you said a little bit?

"Get a new activation from Autodesk"

-How do I do this?  Do you mean the process that starts on this site?: https://registeronce.autodesk.com/custreg/beginRegistration.action

"Reactivate your product from the software"

-Does this mean in the Autodesk Product Configuration Wizard thing? The "I have a serial number that I need to activate" option under the Licensing Tasks category?  The last time I did this I didn't get a request code.

and lastly "and then call 1-800-551-1490 with your request code"

-Is this number one of the ones that costs so much money?  The only thing I could find online about a number to contact Autodesk was a pay-per-incident line that said it costs a minimum of 85 dollars?

Thanks again for the response, I just need a little clarification!

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Yes, you need to reactivate your product.  You should be able to do this from within the software again.  Try Help > About > Product Information. 

The 800 is free and Autdoesk will not charge you an incident fee for reactivating your software. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

AH got it! Starting from the configuration wizard instead of the site did it.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Excellent!  Good job!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report