Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communications Failure while installing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jswaller
465 Views, 7 Replies

Communications Failure while installing

Hello - 

I am attempting to download the student version. However, every time I attempt it, I receive a communication failure error. I have tried this over several days with different internet connections. I have opened the ports 80 and 443 and turned the firewall completely off. I have tried on three different browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) and have tried all four of your year options. 

I am completely out of ideas. PLEASE HELP ME.

I am using an HP computer with Windows 7. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
gpkon
in reply to: jswaller

I am having the exact same problem! is there a autodesk representative that could help?
Message 3 of 8
TravisNave

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Or try downloading the trial.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 8
jessica.t
in reply to: gpkon

Hi @gpkon and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Will you try this Autodesk Solution and let me know if it helps resolves the issue? Here are other steps you can take to resolve the error as well:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

If the problem persists please reply to this post with further details. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 8
jswaller

With both the trial version and the virtual agent, I still get the same communication error. My firewall is turned off and I have given access to autodesk. I clear my cookies The exact message I get is below.

Communication Failure.png

This completely confuses me because A. I simply click on the file at the bottom of my browser after downloading and thus do not move it B. The website has remained open through all attempts and C. I have turned my firewall off. 

Please let me know if anything else could cause this message that I could try. It is unlikely to be the internet as I have tried this in three different countries over the past two weeks (in the US where I live, during a layover in France, and currently in Egypt). 

Note: Twice last night instead of this error I received one stating that the user had stopped the process. These were both during my multiple attempts to use the VirtualAgent. 

I really do not understand what I am doing wrong and I NEED AutoCAD for a project that I am currently working on. 

Please, please help! I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Also - I tried to download another Autodesk product - just as a test - and received the same message. 

Message 6 of 8
jessica.t

Hi @jswaller,

Did you try the Autodesk Solution listed in my post above? Did that help? Were there any changes? Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 8
jswaller
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi!

I tried it but it didn't work - that was why I responded with a follow up. 

Pop-up blockers were already off. I have added access to autodesk. 

Deleted cookies, temporary internet files and history.

Turned off firewall

I did not disable UAC but this is because I have it set up to ask permission instead of automatically stopping anything. I gave it permission when asked. 

I restarted the computer. 

I tried the Virtual Agent. I either received the same message or one stating that the user had ended the process.

I'm really starting to wonder if my computer just doesn't like the file for some reason. I feel like I must be doing something very simple wrong, I just can't figure out what. It's nice to know that other people seem to have been having the same problem as me though. 

Message 8 of 8
jessica.t

I apologize for the continued trouble @jswaller!

Have you tried downloading from a different network? As in school, a coffee shop, a friend's house, etc.?

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report