Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Failure-Inventor 2013 Win7/64 Installation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lbarnes8760
713 Views, 2 Replies

Communication Failure-Inventor 2013 Win7/64 Installation

i am trying to install the Free trial  of Autodesk inventor  on Windows 7/64bit.  I repeatedly get an communication error.  i have disabled my firewall, deleted the downloaded files and re-downloaded them multiple times and I am still encountering the same error.  Can someone please help me out with this.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: lbarnes8760

My apologies for the inconvenience Lindsay.

As a workaround, can you please access the trial software through Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 3 of 3
reebi
in reply to: philip.s

I am so frustrated! My maya problem had regressed to the same if not similar problem to Ibrarnes8760's

I took my computer to the store today to get virus' removed and a tune up. I get it back and Maya no loger works saying there is a licenecing issue the same issue you see here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/License-was-not-obtained-Tried-Maya-2014-educat...

So I tried a couple of sufestions:

"Solution" #1
1. Press the Windows button + r to start Run
2. Type ‘services.msc’
3. Click the ‘Standard’ tab
4. Find ‘FLEXnet Licensing…’
5. Right-click for ‘Stop’
6. Right-click again for properties
7. Set ‘Startup type’ to ‘Automatic’
8. Press ‘Start’
9. Apply and you are done!

"Solution" #2

installing Maya 2014 Service Pack 3

"Solution" #3

Deleting the Maya.env file

"Solution" #4

Trying to follow this guy's tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEXXkArH4Bs and delet all things maya before trying to reinstall the program again

So now I have this problem:

Maya_Problem.JPG

And I would try your solution but the ASK button we are suppose to click to even start downloads wont wont... Help? Please?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report