Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Failure Error with installation

155 REPLIES 155
SOLVED
Message 1 of 156
varieth
107587 Views, 155 Replies

Communication Failure Error with installation

Hello,

I've been getting an error when tgrying to use "Install Now" option on Maya 2013. I've take a screenshot of it. Could anyone tell me what to do? I'm pretty green when it comes to network erorrs or any kind...

http://oi46.tinypic.com/30cbnrn.jpg

Thank you!

I hope this is the right place to ask. Google brought me here when I tried to google a solution to this problem, but I found none.

155 REPLIES 155
Message 121 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: CynthiaLimon

Hello @CynthiaLimon!

If your class is using the 2014 version, any particular reason why you wouldn't just download the same version from the Education Community?

Message 122 of 156
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

awesome, this fixed my issue
Message 123 of 156
jonashoejberg

Hello!

Again, I am having this problem when trying to install the free student version of Revit 2015. 
It just seems that there isn't any other download options, than the Install Now option. Can anyone please help?

Message 124 of 156

Hi @jonashoejberg and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Hi and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download the software from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 125 of 156
dantheman2000
in reply to: varieth

maya problem.jpg keep having this error tried turning off firewall and using a different browser and nothing.... im trying to  get the student version.... very fursterating!

Message 126 of 156
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: dantheman2000

Hi @dantheman2000

We understand your frustration.  Have you tried using the Browser Download method or download the software from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version)? It is also recommended to temporarily disable your firewall and anti-virus once again while trying out the alternative options above.

Let us know if this resolves your issue or if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 127 of 156
Anonymous

Hi,

Anyone have solution for "communication failure error" while installing autcadd 2014.I tried lot of times it apperars the same.

For information screenshot attached.

Can anyone help.

thank you.

Message 128 of 156
Anonymous

Hi,

Im getting a network failure when I try to install Autocad 2015. If I try the download now option I still get the same error. Could you please help with this.

Message 129 of 156
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Community!

Please, disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download the software from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 130 of 156
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thanks for that. Its downloading at the moment so looks like its working.

Message 131 of 156
jessica.t

Sounds good, @Anonymous! Let us know if you need anything else! Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 132 of 156
Anonymous

Hey Guys,

So I wanted to dowload the 3ds Max 2015 but I couldn't. I tried every method but none of them works.

1.Install now: Downloaded the .exe and start --> Communication failure

2.Browser download: Downloaded, started and when I want to extract it, it says the file is damaged

3.Virtual Agent: Downloaded, started and again, the file is damaged

I opened the ports in Windows as the tutorial showed. I even turned off my anti-virus and everything.

I really don't know where the problem is...

I hope you can help.

Thank you!

Message 133 of 156
Philskeez

Need serious jelp, trying to install 3DS Max student edition but it wont let me. Read through posts and tried browser download etc. I geet Communication error and through browser download I got corrupt file.

Message 134 of 156
jessica.t
in reply to: Philskeez

Hi @Philskeez and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Thanks for the details in your download attempts! I've got a few more ideas for you to try to fix the issue:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

Please let me know how it goes and if you need any other assistance. Or please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 135 of 156
Alansilvers123

Hi My Name is Alan and i am trying to download maya 2015, but when i click the setup icon for maya 2015 it just keeps loading then finally just says an error accured, and i already tried to see if it said maya 2015 autodesk or just autodesk in windows firewall to see if firewall was blocking it. I really want to use this amazing program so can u please help me install this program or help me find out what is causing this error to accur so i can install maya 2015 autodesk. Thank You!!!

Message 136 of 156

Hi @Alansilvers123,

Please do download the software from our Vitual Agent. Prior to download, please clear cache, delete cookies and disable your firewall and anti-virus. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 137 of 156
Anonymous

Hi! I'm having the communication error as well, how do I perform a browser download?

Message 138 of 156
Anonymous

What works best for me:

Install Tools from the web browser installer. First check to see if you already have that  app installed:
C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Mudbox 2015\x64\Mudbox\Mudbox.msi

What you want to do is UNINSTALL before you reinstall. This is a known bug in Mudbox, to think it's installed even when it's folders are deleted.

Message 139 of 156
Anonymous

Hello, I have had a considerable amount of issues downloading this software (Autodesk Civil 3D 2015). I have tried install now, download now, Broswer download and tried it on Chrome, firefox and internet explorer and nothing works, i have communication errors, decompression errors, autodesk downloader doesnt start to download. its extremely frustrating!

Can you please provided some guidance on how to download this product?

Message 140 of 156
lynn_zhang

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Please ensure you disable your firewall and anti-virus programs, and re-download the software from our Virtual Agent (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report