Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

rrenshaw
Message 61 of 136 (796 Views)

Re: Communication Failure Error with installation

04-05-2014 08:44 PM in reply to: cobrien_obfa

Can Autodesk provide better solutions? The Communication error is happening to many users, students and educators.  Many of my students are very frustrated with this. Where and what do they need to turn off the firewall in windows? Autodesk needs to provide better information for everyone.

alexduong70
Message 62 of 136 (788 Views)

04-05-2014 09:02 PM in reply to: varieth
IF YOUR USING CHROME TO DOWNLOAD THEN READ THIS
I'm a student my self .just do the following and it will work for sure.

Step 1 don't use chrome
Step 2 use Firefox or any other browser
Step 3 now redownload autodesk software and should work.
Step 4 after done download save file of just run and proceed with autodesk

If this doesn't work I don't know what else would
Contributor
daytonpa
Message 63 of 136 (749 Views)

04-08-2014 12:06 PM in reply to: varieth

I'm having the same issues as well.  I have tried downloading Maya 2014 x64 for my PC.  I continue to have the "Communication Failure" error.  How can I fix this?  I have browsed throughout the Autodesk site for solutions, but I can't resolve the problem.

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 64 of 136 (747 Views)

04-08-2014 12:52 PM in reply to: daytonpa

Hello @daytonpa!

We're in the process of putting together a comprehensive solution that covers multiple causes of the Communication Failure error and the corresponding solutions.

For the mean time and as a workaround, have you tried utilizing a different download method, specifically Browser Download

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply if additional support is needed.

Philip Schmelzer
Employee
ankushved
Message 65 of 136 (735 Views)

04-09-2014 12:18 AM in reply to: daytonpa

Click on the Install Now button on the web page instead of trying to run the <...>_setup.exe from the local machine. Every Install Now workflow retry must be initiated from the web page. Also, try different browsers if you havent already done so. 

After accepting EULA, wait the small <...>_Setup.exe to get downloaded. Keep the web page running. As soon the download of <...>_Setup.exe finishes, run it. Once it runs, it will obtain required information from the web page and then installer will launch. 

Hope this helps. 

-Ankush

Thanks & Regards,
Ankush Ved

Raydio1
Message 66 of 136 (652 Views)

04-24-2014 05:10 AM in reply to: ankushved
Hello, it ended working with Chrome with no Autodesk download manager while firewall was in process. I have spent half the day to find reliable info to fix that issue, not sure of what I found led me to what it was to be done, still I made sure of the Net Framework compatibility, applied the MS update, each fail-to-install attempt deleting setup file cleaning the temp folder using Ccleaner, rebooting, using alternatviely 3 web browsers. Good luck everyone !!
hendertucky
Message 67 of 136 (614 Views)

04-27-2014 09:50 PM in reply to: rrenshaw

I have been struggling with this issue for days now.  I think it is awesome that they are giving their software away to students to learn on.  Although it will come back to them later in sales.  But for gods sakes...What a ton of greif.   I have had all these same issues and there is still no actual fix.  I tried firefox,,,,internet exploder,,,  deleting every last file on my computer that isn't nesesary.  down loaded every wich way,,,install now   browser,,,every different year from 2012-2015,,,turned every inch of security off,,firewalls everything,,,

Sad DAy,, I love inventor....but I am giving up...I am going to have to use a sub par software,,,,If anyone ever actually figures out how to fix this communication issue please post it,,,Inventer is the best cad software on the planet if you can get a machine to run it....

PEace

szymagic
Message 68 of 136 (575 Views)

04-29-2014 02:22 PM in reply to: hendertucky

I've done everything as well, and still can't get anything to work. 

Community Manager
jessica.t
Message 69 of 136 (572 Views)

04-29-2014 03:48 PM in reply to: szymagic

Hello all,

Please take a look at this solution and let me know if it helps resolve your errors. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
szymagic
Message 70 of 136 (566 Views)

04-29-2014 07:30 PM in reply to: jessica.t

I'm trying to download Inventor Pro 2015 and there is no option to "Download Now" there is "Install Now" and Browser Download". If I do Browser Download, it pulls up a window and says that There is a file missing or a corrupted fileCapture.PNG

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!