Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Failure Error with installation

155 REPLIES 155
SOLVED
Message 1 of 156
varieth
106970 Views, 155 Replies

Communication Failure Error with installation

Hello,

I've been getting an error when tgrying to use "Install Now" option on Maya 2013. I've take a screenshot of it. Could anyone tell me what to do? I'm pretty green when it comes to network erorrs or any kind...

http://oi46.tinypic.com/30cbnrn.jpg

Thank you!

I hope this is the right place to ask. Google brought me here when I tried to google a solution to this problem, but I found none.

155 REPLIES 155
Message 81 of 156
BritishMilk
in reply to: juleslv

yeah i did but it would only let me download the 2012 version and then it
wanted a payed serial key
Message 82 of 156
juleslv
in reply to: BritishMilk

are you trying to use the student version?

I chose the student version and I can use the 2014 version and the free
serial key, and it worked.
good luck
Message 83 of 156
MichelleBeth
in reply to: varieth

Hiya. I'm having the same issue. I tried the browser download, and it finished after about 30 minutes, but then it said the file was corrupt when I tried to install it. It was the student version of 3dmax, 2015, windows 64 bit. I've opened up ports 80 and 443, but I was wondering, should I have it be TCP or UDP? I clicked TCP. I also tried temporarily disabling my antivirus (NOD 32) but it made no difference. I'm going to retry the browser download.. maybe it didn't finish for some reason.
Message 84 of 156
MichelleBeth
in reply to: MichelleBeth

Hey I had to quick reply, cause I can't figure out how to edit my post.. it seems to be communicating now! But It says a quick message and then vanishes. DLMSession.exe is still running in my task manager.. so I guess I'll wait a while and see if anything pops up again. How odd.
Message 85 of 156
jessica.t
in reply to: MichelleBeth

Hi @MichelleBeth and welcome to the Community!

Glad everything appears to be working at the moment but if you should run into anymore problems just let us know. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 86 of 156
gHD01
in reply to: philip.s

Can help me?

I can't solve the problem ... 

Sorry bad English Smiley Very Happy

Message 87 of 156
fbagherpour1

Hello 

Maya 2014 have been working great for a while. Then all of the sudden today it kept saying something was wrong with my licensing and it wouldn't open. I had this problem before and I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it worked. So I tried to do that today but I kept getting the Communication Failure message. I deleted all the files tried the install now and stayed on the page and it didn't work, I tried the download now and it had a little window open and said repairing and after that did nothing. So i try to install again thinking it repaired and fixed the problem and it didn't work. So I am trying the browser download now, I am 1gb downloaded out of 2gb so hopefully that works. Can you help get this fixed so I can get back to using maya?

Also now Mudbox will now open up at all

Thanks

Message 88 of 156

Hi Framarz,

Have you tried downloading the installaion files from our Virtual Agent? Do download the file from the link and use a different browsesr from the one you are using at the moment. Prior to downloading the files, please clear all cache and delete cookies. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 89 of 156

The browser download worked! I will try the same for mudbox if it is acting up again and if it doesn't work I will do what you have suggested! Thanks for your help, this thread was very helpful 

Message 90 of 156
gHD01
in reply to: mweiss34

Worked !

I turn off my FIREWALL + ADD PORTS 443 and 80 Heart

Message 91 of 156
Rmuiny

Can you help me too? I cant even do anything and the only thing happens is that it tells comunication error

Message 92 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: Rmuiny

Hello @Rmuiny!

Have you tried one of the previously mentioned solutions which is to utilize the Browser Download option which can be found in our Virtual Agent linked here?

Message 93 of 156
Rmuiny

Im downloading the Maya 2014. and now im recently trying that option but it is currently downloading so ill get back to you when it finishes.

Message 94 of 156
Rmuiny

It doesn't install anything! it just gives me an error and installation failed for everything. It failed when trying to download every product for Maya. and when i download 2015 version, it gives me communication error.

Message 95 of 156
jessica.t
in reply to: Rmuiny

Hi @Rmuiny,

Did you receive the Communication Failure message when using the Browser Download option? That should rectify the error. Please also take the following steps to help the download process:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

Please let us know how it goes. Thanks for working with us to help resolve the issue!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 96 of 156
fletcherjoseph2

Hello

I've had a few issues downloading AutoCad Lt 2015 on my Windows 32-bit machine.

After changing my internet permissions and still unable to use download now or install now, I used 'Browser Dowload' which took a further 15mins. This all downloaded fine but when I click to run the .exe file I get an error messege telling me the file is not a valid Win32 application.

It would be great to find out where the process is going wrong.

Message 97 of 156

Hi @fletcherjoseph2 and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Can you please completely delete all installation files you have downloaded so far and download the program from the direct link below?

AutoCAD LT 2015 English 32- bit

Please, let me know if this helps.

Camilo Lemos

Message 98 of 156

Camilo

No joy I'm afraid, my computer still doesn't recogniose this file type and even when I;ve downloaded it on another machine and retreived it via the office server the problem persists.

Message 99 of 156
jessica.t
in reply to: fletcherjoseph2

Hi @fletcherjoseph2,

I understand that you're running a Windows 7 32-bit machine, but which version of Windows are you using? XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.?

Please be sure that your machine fits the system requirements for AutoCAD LT 2015. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 100 of 156
ChaosCat

I am trying to download the trial version of 3ds max and I am getting same screen how can I tried to open ports but nothing happened and I can't find the download now nor the browser download pages on the internet could you please help me and post the links?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report