Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Failure Error with installation

155 REPLIES 155
SOLVED
Message 1 of 156
varieth
106967 Views, 155 Replies

Communication Failure Error with installation

Hello,

I've been getting an error when tgrying to use "Install Now" option on Maya 2013. I've take a screenshot of it. Could anyone tell me what to do? I'm pretty green when it comes to network erorrs or any kind...

http://oi46.tinypic.com/30cbnrn.jpg

Thank you!

I hope this is the right place to ask. Google brought me here when I tried to google a solution to this problem, but I found none.

155 REPLIES 155
Message 61 of 156
rrenshaw
in reply to: cobrien_obfa

Can Autodesk provide better solutions? The Communication error is happening to many users, students and educators.  Many of my students are very frustrated with this. Where and what do they need to turn off the firewall in windows? Autodesk needs to provide better information for everyone.

Message 62 of 156
alexduong70
in reply to: varieth

IF YOUR USING CHROME TO DOWNLOAD THEN READ THIS
I'm a student my self .just do the following and it will work for sure.

Step 1 don't use chrome
Step 2 use Firefox or any other browser
Step 3 now redownload autodesk software and should work.
Step 4 after done download save file of just run and proceed with autodesk

If this doesn't work I don't know what else would
Message 63 of 156
daytonpa

I'm having the same issues as well.  I have tried downloading Maya 2014 x64 for my PC.  I continue to have the "Communication Failure" error.  How can I fix this?  I have browsed throughout the Autodesk site for solutions, but I can't resolve the problem.

Message 64 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: daytonpa

Hello @daytonpa!

We're in the process of putting together a comprehensive solution that covers multiple causes of the Communication Failure error and the corresponding solutions.

For the mean time and as a workaround, have you tried utilizing a different download method, specifically Browser Download

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply if additional support is needed.

Message 65 of 156
AnkushVed
in reply to: daytonpa

Click on the Install Now button on the web page instead of trying to run the <...>_setup.exe from the local machine. Every Install Now workflow retry must be initiated from the web page. Also, try different browsers if you havent already done so. 

After accepting EULA, wait the small <...>_Setup.exe to get downloaded. Keep the web page running. As soon the download of <...>_Setup.exe finishes, run it. Once it runs, it will obtain required information from the web page and then installer will launch. 

Hope this helps. 

-Ankush

Ankush Ved
Product Manager, Autodesk Licensing
Message 66 of 156
Raydio1
in reply to: AnkushVed

Hello, it ended working with Chrome with no Autodesk download manager while firewall was in process. I have spent half the day to find reliable info to fix that issue, not sure of what I found led me to what it was to be done, still I made sure of the Net Framework compatibility, applied the MS update, each fail-to-install attempt deleting setup file cleaning the temp folder using Ccleaner, rebooting, using alternatviely 3 web browsers. Good luck everyone !!
Message 67 of 156
hendertucky
in reply to: rrenshaw

I have been struggling with this issue for days now.  I think it is awesome that they are giving their software away to students to learn on.  Although it will come back to them later in sales.  But for gods sakes...What a ton of greif.   I have had all these same issues and there is still no actual fix.  I tried firefox,,,,internet exploder,,,  deleting every last file on my computer that isn't nesesary.  down loaded every wich way,,,install now   browser,,,every different year from 2012-2015,,,turned every inch of security off,,firewalls everything,,,

Sad DAy,, I love inventor....but I am giving up...I am going to have to use a sub par software,,,,If anyone ever actually figures out how to fix this communication issue please post it,,,Inventer is the best cad software on the planet if you can get a machine to run it....

PEace

Message 68 of 156
szymagic
in reply to: hendertucky

I've done everything as well, and still can't get anything to work. 

Message 69 of 156
jessica.t
in reply to: szymagic

Hello all,

Please take a look at this solution and let me know if it helps resolve your errors. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 70 of 156
szymagic
in reply to: jessica.t

I'm trying to download Inventor Pro 2015 and there is no option to "Download Now" there is "Install Now" and Browser Download". If I do Browser Download, it pulls up a window and says that There is a file missing or a corrupted fileCapture.PNG

Message 71 of 156
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: szymagic

Andrew,

Apologies for the download error. Please do try using the download links below and when you reach the Activation page, just input your Serial Number and the Product Key. Links below will expire in 30 days.

- Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 32-bit

- Autodesk Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit (Part 1 Part 2)

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 72 of 156
hendertucky
in reply to: jessica.t

I have no idea how. But I followed the solution step by step and found the Download now option for 2014 inventor and it worked perfectly. What a relief. Thank-you....
Message 73 of 156
szymagic
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Thank you so much, everything worked wonderfully!

Message 74 of 156
Eduardo2012

Back when I was trying to install Revit 2014, Philip Shmelzer gave me the solution. That was the only thing that worked, I hope it´s still valid, here it is again. You should try the following:

05-12-2013 09:45 AM in reply to: Eduardo2012

Sorry to hear that you're having issues Eduardo.

Instead of troubleshooting the communication errors which are typically difficult to pinpoint, the simplest workaround is to obtain the necessary browser download links from Matt, our Virtual Assistant

Instructions from Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product -> Autodesk Revit Products -> Autodesk Revit.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, concerns, or issues!

Philip Schmelzer
Message 75 of 156
WilkiePJ
in reply to: philip.s

I am getting this problem, communciations failure. This is simply the worst install process I have ever come across online. for a product that is asking 3 grand to purchase, I am most perturbed that a simple matter of installation of a free trail is so difficult. If this is so difficult, what other terrors are lurking around the corner.

I have read the forums, and the frequent answer of "download now" from the forum admins is of absolutely no help, because such an option does not exist!

If anyone would like to help me asess this software's worth and allow me to use the free trial to do so, please reply

Tags (1)
Message 76 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: WilkiePJ

Apologies for the poor experience @WilkiePJ and I would be more than happy to help get you up and running.

What product are you attempting to download? The majority should have the Download Now option in addition to Install Now as indicated in the image below.

DOWNLOAD NOW.PNG 

With that being said, another workaround for Install Now issue is to utilize the Browser Download option which can be found in our Virtual Agent linked here

Please let me know if these work and/or if anything else comes up!

Message 77 of 156
juleslv

Hi Man,

I am facing the exactly same problem with you, would you please let me know how it was solved?

I checked the solution directed by the link, but it is not for this issue.

Thank you very much.

Message 78 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: juleslv

Hello @juleslv!

Did you try the previously mentioned workaround of downloading the software using the Browser Download option which can be found in our Virtual Agent?

If so, can you please let me know which specific error resulted?

Message 79 of 156
BritishMilk

i have the same problem tried everything and have given up ive opened ports disabled firewall and everything
Message 80 of 156
juleslv
in reply to: BritishMilk

please try: downloading the software using the Browser Download option (in
this way you will download a file with size above 1G)
I installed it in this method!
Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report