Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Failure Error with installation

155 REPLIES 155
SOLVED
Message 1 of 156
varieth
106965 Views, 155 Replies

Communication Failure Error with installation

Hello,

I've been getting an error when tgrying to use "Install Now" option on Maya 2013. I've take a screenshot of it. Could anyone tell me what to do? I'm pretty green when it comes to network erorrs or any kind...

http://oi46.tinypic.com/30cbnrn.jpg

Thank you!

I hope this is the right place to ask. Google brought me here when I tried to google a solution to this problem, but I found none.

155 REPLIES 155
Message 41 of 156
tranttina2
in reply to: philip.s

hi, I installed inventor 2012 on win8.1 but i can't run it,help me!!!

Message 42 of 156
lcarlee9
in reply to: tranttina2

Hello,

I am trying to redownload Revit 2013 on a new laptop.

I tried Download Now...nothing happened.  Install Now gave me the Communication Failure msg.

I cleared ports/turned off my firewall and tried the Virtual Agent Matt>Downloading and Installation>Software Download links>I need to redownload my software.  After 5hrs of install I received the Communication Failure msg again.

Help please.

Lauren

Message 43 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: lcarlee9

Welcome to the community Lauren! 

As the install communication error is specific to the Install Now delivery method, is there any chance that you accidentally ran that again as apposed to the .exe from utilizing the Browser Download option?

Message 44 of 156
philip.s

Hello Tin!

Confirming that Inventor 2012 is not compatible with Windows 8, which would explain the install errors. Please check out the following for a complete list of products that are supported on Windows 8.

Autodesk Windows 8 Compatibility

Message 45 of 156
lcarlee9

I'll try again...and let you know the outcome.

Thanks.

Message 46 of 156
philip.s

Sounds good Lauren!

Message 47 of 156
vava9070
in reply to: varieth

Je n'arrive pas à atteindre les pare feux et c'est le même problème je n'arrive pas à installer les produits autodesk j'ai essayer sur un autre ordinateur c'est le même chose pouvez vous m'expliquer plus clairement s'il vout plait 

cordialement

Message 48 of 156
vava9070

bonjour j'ai le même problème, désolé je suis français, mais j'ai essayer le pare feu ca ne change pas donc qu'est ce qui faut faire ? 

Message 49 of 156
lcarlee9

Okay...tried again and now after I've clicked on Download Now...Autodesk Download Manager installs and nothing happens.  When I click on the Download Manager it says no active or pending downloads.

Message 50 of 156
philip.s

Hello again Lauren!

As you now have the download manager installed, what about if you proceed with reinitiating the download (when you first selected the Download Now option)?

If that doesn't work can you please give Browser Download a shot?

Message 51 of 156
vava9070

merci de votre compréhension mais comment faire pour télécharger en options ? , et est ce que si je télécharge chez quelqu'un d'autre et que sa marche je le met sur une USB et je l'installe sur mon ordinateur est ce que sa va fonctionner ? et ce que c'est un problème d'ordinateur ou sinon  est ce que vous pouvez m'afficher un lien d'un téléchargement optionnel. 

MERCI de votre compréhension !!!!

Message 52 of 156
thundershocker66

I am a student who acquired Autodesk 3DS Max 2013 2 years ago. I Just recently bought a new computer and need to transfer the program to the new computer.The new computer is a windows 8 while the old is a windows 7. When I copy the files with the stepup.exe I get a communication error message. I have tried to open ports 80 and 443 but no luck. It appears atuodesk no longer offers a download for 2013 nor do they have a free trial for it. I have 2013's serial number and product key but no means of getting it the actual program. Any solutions to getting the program on the new computer or where to find a valid 2013 version?
Message 53 of 156

Hi Thundershock,
It seems that on your old computer, you must have installed the product using "Install Now" mechanism, which is a web delivery mechanism. Copying the Setup.exe which got downloaded as part of Install Now will not work on new computer. Please log in again to Student Portal and select 3DSMax 2013 and click on Install Now button from the portal. I believe students still have access to last three versions of our softwares.
http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/3ds-max

Ankush Ved
Product Manager, Autodesk Licensing
Message 54 of 156
megagigala4

Hey Guys,

if have the same Communication Failure Error if i am using Install now or download now.

BUT if I use the Browser download option comes another error called "Datei Beschädigt" or in english "damaged file".

I donwloaded it 3 times but every time ther is the same Error.

Maby i recover my PC but then i need to reinstall every thing...

Message 55 of 156
shiroi98

To all that has been experiencing this issue, it is now March 17 2014, and I too share this same problem. To fix it, I had to setup a chat with autodesk, and the representative took down my order number, phone number, address, etc. After that I was issued a direct download link. Only then did it work. Please fix this problem! It has been over a year since the issue was opened.. 

Message 56 of 156
david.lau
in reply to: shiroi98
Message 57 of 156

hey phil,

ive been trying to install autodesk inventor all this time and after i hit run on the browser download it shows up with a communications error. ive tried everything in these forums and nothing seems to work. i'm running a windows 7 64-bit computer.
Message 58 of 156
philip.s
in reply to: 331313

Hello @331313

Have you tried using a different browser? Any chance that you could reply with a screen-shot of the error message? 

Message 59 of 156
alexduong70

okay i know how your feeling i just had this problem and you know how they give you a list of things that could be causing the problem, well the fix is so dumb i faced palm so hard. first of all dont even bother trying any of the other solution just use different brower. when i first downloaded and run it only gave me the error on google chrome. but on firefox i had no problem it was easy. so i recommend using firefox. if that doesnt work try other browers like opera etc hope this helps
Message 60 of 156
in reply to: alexduong70

*facepalm* ya i tried it and now it worked.-. thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report