Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Failure error during installation

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
mohuk2007
690 Views, 15 Replies

Communication Failure error during installation

Hi,

I am trying to install Revit architecture educational version, I have downloaded the file to my system but I keep getting communication failure error when trying to install.

Kindly advise please.

Kind regards

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
pendean
in reply to: mohuk2007

Did you temporarily disable your Windows Firewall?
Turn off your anti-virus?
Are you logged into Windows as full Administrator?
Did you remember to temporarily disable Windows UAC?
Are you actively connected to the Internet? Start IE10-11 and leave it up.
Message 3 of 16
mohuk2007
in reply to: pendean

I have disable UAC and Anti virus but the communication failure is still there.
Message 4 of 16
pendean
Message 5 of 16
mohuk2007

I have looked at the link
but I DO NOT have a subscription account to be able to go to the download now page as advised in the link.
Problem still unsolved..

Message 6 of 16
jessica.t

Hi Ahmad,

You can use the "Download Now" option in the Education Community. Please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. If not, please respond to this post with further details. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 16
mohuk2007
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello,

Problem still unsolved.

Instead of saying just use
Can you kindly let me know how I can get to the download option in education community page. I cant find an option that says download now.

Thanks
Message 8 of 16
camilo.lemos

Hi mohuk2007,

Please disable your anti-virus and firewall programs and download the program from our Virtual Agent linked here.

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 9 of 16
mohuk2007
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I have downloaded the program from the link while disabling UAC, Antivirus and firewall
I still receive the same message, communication failure.

in what link can I
(click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) ?
Message 10 of 16
camilo.lemos

Hi mohuk2007, 

So you mean to say that even downloading from the Virtual Agent you still received a communication failure error message? Are you completely sure that all anti-virus and firewall programs are off? Is your internet connection stable? 

Are you using a supported OS?

Camilo Lemos

Message 11 of 16
pendean

You seem to be stuck in a loop: do NOT use any "download manager" from any site, you need and must get the actual link to the massive program file directly.

Based on all your answers so far, you are still using some sort of "download manager" and that remains the problem (unless your internet connection is vastly restricted).
Message 12 of 16
mohuk2007

Hi,
I have got the three educational licence, but still cant install
Is it possible to have a link I can just follow and download?
This is no longer friendly.

I have download countless of applications, games and so on...
but a Revit application from the host is proving difficult!

I have tried countless of times for several days.

I believe my computer is perfectly fine, the problem should be from the host.
Message 13 of 16
jessica.t

After the first download failure, did you try uninstalling any existing Autodesk files from your machine before trying again? If not, please do that and then start the download process again, but change your web browser or clear your cookies and cache, disarm your firewall and UAC, and use the Browser Download option. Let us know how it goes!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 14 of 16
iflorintheo

Hi, if you're using the Chrome browser please try with Firefox. I was having the same problem on Chrome.
Civil Engineer / Infrastructure of metropolitan transports
http://civil3design.wordpress.com/
Message 15 of 16
dembkod

mohuk2007

Hello. This message occurs if you download the “Install Now files” and try to run them from your local drive. Look at the folder you are using and check the properties and size. It should be gigs in size and should have taken an hour or two to download. If it is anything less than over a gig, you do not actually have the installer file.

What you have is not working, go to your c:\Autodesk\ folder and see how many Revit folders you have. Look inside the folders, if you see a link that refers to “install now” delete the whole folder.

I will try to PM you a link.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 16 of 16
daren13

disable your firewall and install for the virtual agent. Make sure you choose the right program (when it comes to bits) for the computer you have. Also, make sure that what you are downloading is at least 2 gb because if is not what you are downloading is not going to work. I had the same problem that is how I got to this page, looking for a solution and that worked for me. I hope it works for you too. God Bless

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report