Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

dcadesigns
Message 11 of 15 (866 Views)

Re: Communication error while running installer

07-26-2013 04:47 AM in reply to: tierradesign

Hi,

I've just recently updated my pc from windows 7 to windows 8 and I'm having the exact same problem: 'Communication Failure'.

I have a disabled all firewall systems, however the same issue is still occuring. I've also spoken to ASUS the manufacturer, who suggested a reinstallation process of windows 8, after which it continued to display 'Communication Failure'.

Much appreciated if you could provide any information or direct links to downloading Revit 2014 and AutoCAD 2014.

Daniel

Employee
ankushved
Message 12 of 15 (859 Views)

07-28-2013 10:18 PM in reply to: dcadesigns

Hi Daniel, 

After accepting the web EULA, remain on the web page till the time the .exe is completely downloaded. Once it is downloaded, click/run the .exe. Till the time you run the downloaded .exe, do not click on any other links or buttons within the same autodesk portal page. 

Do not click on the already downloaded <>_Setup.exe, that will not work. You need to go back to portal and click on Install Now button for each re-install attempt. 

Hope this helps, let me know otherwise. 

Thanks & Regards,
Ankush Ved

smeeb2000
Message 13 of 15 (844 Views)

07-30-2013 10:15 AM in reply to: tierradesign

more of the same for me. have read this entire thread and acted accordingly but no luck what ever i try. im trying to install the autocad 2014.

Employee
ankushved
Message 14 of 15 (840 Views)

07-30-2013 09:28 PM in reply to: smeeb2000

Are you starting the workflow from the Install Now button on the web page and then waiting on the web page till the time a small self extracting .exe gets downlaoded? Once it gets downloaded, click on the .exe. Untill the point where you run the .exe, do not refresh, close or click on any other links in the web page from where you clicked on Install Now button. 
If the problem is still appearing not resolving, then drop me a private message. 

Thanks & Regards,
Ankush Ved

smeeb2000
Message 15 of 15 (830 Views)

07-31-2013 10:21 AM in reply to: dcadesigns

did all of the above, finally managed to resolve the issue by using the 'Browser download' option. thanks for your help regardless

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.