Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commercial User - Maya 2012 won't install via. disk - disk errors

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wtdedula
223 Views, 1 Reply

Commercial User - Maya 2012 won't install via. disk - disk errors

Hello All;

I am desperately trying to install Maya 2012 from the original distribution disk Autodesk sent me but I have tried again and again and keep getting disk errors.

I get this one error everytime and I don't know what I can do to resolve it ...

Error 1305. Error reading from file c:\ProgramFiles\Autodesk\Maya2012\Presets\Examples\IdleBehavior08:t1.ma. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it. Retry or Cancel. If I retry it, I get the same result. If I cancel, it calcels the entire download. HELP ! Is the Maya 2012 disk bad ? Is it possible and would it help for me to download Maya 2012 from the internet (If available) ?

Tim Dedula

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: wtdedula

Hi Tim!

Have you tried copying the disc contents over to your local drive and running the installer from there?

If that has no impact, you can access most current + previous supported version download links (including Maya 2012) through Matt, our Virtual Assistant.

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Should you run into an activation error, typically resulting from an upgraded license and or reaching the activation limit on a given license, our License Assistance Team would be able to help facilitate an activation code.

Please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or reply with additional questions as needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report