Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Proxywars
207 Views, 2 Replies

Commercial Liscensing

My team and I are working on a commercial indie game set to be showcased to the public and funded through kickstarter, this game is using multiple premier applications such as Autodesk 3ds Max, Unreal Engine 4, PhysX, ZBrush, Quixel Studio, Adobe CC, etc. I was wondering on behalf of my team if the team and I can continue using our education liscense to work on the game until we reach our funding goal on Kickstarter. If not I do so understand and I am prepared to buy the Monthly liscense but I am unsure wether or not I must begin paying now as I intend for this game to become commercial within the coming months. A simpler question would be Is kickstarter funding considered commercial use of the product? Also, when would I need to buy a liscense or what liscense I should get? Sorry for the spelling errors, I am in a stressful situation.

EDIT: If I am violating any liscenses by using the Education liscense with intent to commercialize my product within the comming months with a commercial liscense I will "Cease and Desist" immediently

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: Proxywars

The legaleze can get confusing (naturally, they have to cover *every* possibility), so it can be easier to understand if you flip it on its head: educational products are for learning only.  That includes any files, data, movies, redered stills, etc. that you generate with the educational product.  Even if you make the game free, you will need to build everything from the ground with a licensed version.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
Proxywars
in reply to: Proxywars

Well, I was scared of that response Smiley Sad. Well at least paying the $70 a month will make me not procrastinate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report