Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining a packaged license with a non packaged license

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
498 Views, 3 Replies

Combining a packaged license with a non packaged license

How is it done, for non package license I would simply copy/paste the increment.  But since the old license is a packaged and the additional license now is not how would I combine them?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ive just read that a Package License file cannot be combined with an ordinary one.  However, is there a way, like, could we request Autodesk to issue a Package license in place of the ordinary license file?  Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
TravisNave

Unlikely.  But you can do the opposite.  You can ask Autodesk to recreate your PACKAGE license file as an ordinary INCREMENT license file.  Then you can properly combine your Subscription and non-subscription products.  However, you will lose the option of running licenses up to three versions back and only be able to run the current release of your license.  If this is not an issue to you, you might consider it. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Yeah  its more logical I guess, unless I prefer to shift from a license file to another if I had to use a previous version..That's another good strategy of Autodesk.Woman Wink   Atleast now I know my options. Thanks very much. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report