Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codec? problems installing Product Design Suite

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
387 Views, 1 Reply

Codec? problems installing Product Design Suite

Hi. I'm having prblems installing Product design suite Premium on my company computer. Lemme just tell the whole story.

So we went to buy it, then i planned to download it onto the company computer I work on. But we couldnt get past the purchasing part due to a problem with the credit card and bank and stuff. So i figured until we get that taken care of, I can download the trial version of it, so I can get started working right away. Well thats where we encountered a mountain of problems.

How our computers are set up is I need an administrator password to install anything. So I go get one of the computer guys who has the password, they type in the admin password, and it starts installing. At first it installed this "K-lite Codec" instead of the actual program. I didnt know what that was, so we worked around it and and after many error messages that said "Download and installation has been interupted by a lost connection between the Autodesk website and this computer. The most likely causes are: (lists 3 diffewrent things) " we finally got it to where we can actually start downloading the program.

Once the program was downloaded, we went to install it. Internet connection is, quite honestly, slower than dial-up at times. I mean its REALLY slow. I'm thinking that may play a part in the problem. For some reason the installation kept failing every time, error message saying we need to connect to Autodesk again or something like that, i cant remember. Or it would just quit without saying anything. 

We want to get the program installed on the MAIN server here, so every computer in the offices have acces to it. And that seems to be easier than trying to install it on just my computer and only my account.

But now we're back to having problems with this "K-lite Codec" thing. It seems it wont let us install the actual program until we take care of whatever this thing is. Can somebody tell me what this is?? How do I set it up? What do I change? How do I configure it to where it will let us install the software?

Ive checked to make sure we have all the system requirements. We do. We're running Windows 7 Professional on all the computers. 8 GB of RAM. 64-bit Operating System. 3.0 GHz processor....

We've also tried turning off the anti-virus software and the Firewall. Seemed to help a little, but not really.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the peer community.  Try downloading it direct from Matt, the Autodesk online software download portal.

http://blog.autodeskhelp.com/post/46438004088/time-it-flies-when-youre-having-fun-and-seems

Also, you can't install on a server and have workstations use it remotely.  The clients have to be installed and licensed.  If you want a server/client solution, then you need to use Citrix.  It is the only approved method.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report