Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean Install Inentor 2011 Suite

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mies07
537 Views, 4 Replies

Clean Install Inentor 2011 Suite

Currently running Inv 2010 suite on WinXP Pro SP2, IE 8, Nvidia Quadro 4500, SCSI 15k HD, dual 3.2ghz Xeons.
Just recently received through subscription my 2011 Suite discs (I actually noticed just in time that discs were NOT the default method for upgrade receipt!) Planning on standalone home office installation, no Vault virtual server.
Would like to completely uninstall 2010 Suite, then install 2011 suite. Will migrate 2010 parts and assemblies on as-needed basis, not concerned with migration tool just yet, no custom Content Center or library items.
Question:
1. Will licensing/install utilities allow this, or must the previous prodcut be on the machine in order to recognize upgrade status of new Suite?
A. If I can completely remove 2010 first, how best to achieve a squeaky clean uninstall? (my preferred method if possible)
B. If I cannot remove 2010 first, how do I remove it later without damaging new 2011 install?
2. Can I install and use Content Center libraries without installing virtual server?

Thank you for any and all assistance,
Mike
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: mies07

there this uninstall tool from autodesk : http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14893355&linkID=9242018
you can install whats called desktop content which doesn't require vault or adms

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
mies07

Thank you Darren for your response.
I have looked at the article you referenced, However, I am still unclear if I need to install new version before I uninstall old version so installer recognizes as a legitimate upgrade or if I can uninstall 2010 completely first.

Thanks,
Mike
Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

"Upgrade" is simply a term for licensing. You do not have to have the previous product installed to qualify for upgrade installation. All installations are full installs. However, since Inventor is not backwards compatible, I would recommend uninstalling the old version to save space. 😃

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi,

1. it is no matter uninstalling old INV version or not before you install
new one. INV works side by side between different versions. but please note,
(1) old version INV cannot open the part that created in new one; (2)
different version INV cannot open at the same time. I suggest you uninstall
INV via Inventor item on control panel.
2. You can install and use Desktop Contecnt Library on your local machine.
also you can log into remote Vault server and use remote CCL without
installing Vault server on your machine(Vault server is use to let local or
remote Inventor could log in), but if there is no Vault server installed on
any other machine, you have to install it on your machine if you want to use
CCL.
--
Kevin Hu, Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report