Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil3d 2014 assemblies not loaded

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Joe-Bouza
962 Views, 10 Replies

Civil3d 2014 assemblies not loaded

The c3d assemblies do not load with my 2014 IDSP installation, why? I can see the catalog but would prefer not manually dragging and dropping assemblies for all the installations. Is there a switch in the deployment I may have missed? Can it be fixed?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe,

I am not sure if I understand your issue correctly. You are not seeing the Civil 3D subassembly toolpalettes within Civil 3D 2014. However you said that you do see the catalogs listed below.  Is this correct?

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2014\enu\Support\ToolPalette

eticket.jpg

Under Palettes do you see "Assemblies - Imperial.atc"  along with all the "Imperial - .....atc" files?

eticket.jpg

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 11
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

Hello Jason.

I see the catalog in win explorer as you display and if I choose from palettes panel in c3d. What I don't see are the assemblies and groups on the tool palette.

tpNoAssemblies.PNG

Also, if I RC to customize none of the civil3d group or tools are available. This is the TP path in options C:\Users\jbouza\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2014\enu\support\toolpalette

catalog.PNGtp list.PNG

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 11
Jason.Ferrelli

Joe,

There are several things we can look at / try.

1) Has there been any customization to your C3D profile, or if this an out of the box setup at the moment?
    Could you verify that your options tool palettes file locations path is pointing to the correct spot?

2) We have seen iisue in cases where the content pack was incomplete in the deployment image. In that case, you can simply copy the CP cab files from the original install image/Dvd/USB, etc into the Deployment Admin Image and re-run the deployment to get them correctly onto the client.

3) As the file is to large for this forum, I will create a shared dropbox folder for you and attached my toolpalette foler in a zip. Please see if overwriting your folder with mine will resolve this.

4) Try running a repair. Navigate to windows start menu > control panel > programs > click on Civil 3D 2014 and click repair.

5) Try having a different user log into that machine with their credentials. It could possibly be a Autodesk windows profile issue. If having another user login works, please log back in as yourself and follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to: “C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk”
  2. For the Autodesk product with which you are having a problem, append the word “OLD” to that folder
  3. Navigate to “C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk”
  4. For the Autodesk product with which you are having a problem, append the word “OLD” to that folder
  5. Open Regedit and then navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\
  6. If you have more than one AutoCAD product, you’ll see a variety of R1x.x numbers. These correspond to different AutoCAD releases, with the major number incrementing when a new DWG format is released. For a specific list, see here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AutoCAD
  7. Right click on that R1x.x folder, and choose Export. Save this as a backup in case something goes wrong.
  8. Now delete the R1x.x folder that you just exported. 
  9. Now launch Civil 3D and it will rebuild the Autodesk Windows Profile from default.

These solutions are in no particular order and I hope that one of these will resolve your issue. It could possible be just an incomplete install and you might have to reinstall. Please let me know the results when you have had a chance to test these.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 5 of 11
Joe-Bouza

Thank you Jason. I will go through you list of items and return later with any results

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 6 of 11
Joe-Bouza

First stumbling block: Where will I find the CP cab files? pardon my ignorance but evertime I try a file search of the USB I get redirected to anIE search whatever thats all about?
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 7 of 11
Joe-Bouza

@Jason.Ferrelli wrote:

Joe,

There are several things we can look at / try.

1) Has there been any customization to your C3D profile, or if this an out of the box setup at the moment?

yes. I have been setting search, plotter ans an additiona Tool palette path(s). I started with OOTB settings and preserved that profile before proceeding, and when I reset it I still don't get the assmeblies.

Could you verify that your options tool palettes file locations path is pointing to the correct spot?

this is the OOTB path: C:\Users\jbouza\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2014\enu\support\toolpalette, and is the same after I add our custom location below it.

2) We have seen iisue in cases where the content pack was incomplete in the deployment image. In that case, you can simply copy the CP cab files from the original install image/Dvd/USB, etc into the Deployment Admin Image and re-run the deployment to get them correctly onto the client.

Not sure where to locate these files

3) As the file is to large for this forum, I will create a shared dropbox folder for you and attached my toolpalette foler in a zip. Please see if overwriting your folder with mine will resolve this.

Did I get a Link?

4) Try running a repair. Navigate to windows start menu > control panel > programs > click on Civil 3D 2014 and click repair.

Did a repair and there was no change. Did a reinstall and there was not change

5) Try having a different user log into that machine with their credentials. It could possibly be a Autodesk windows profile issue. If having another user login works, please log back in as yourself and follow the steps below:

I had another user log in and the tool palettes were still not there. However, the civilImperial assembly groups are visible upon RC customize:

tp_compare2014.png

1. Navigate to: “C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Autodesk”
  2. For the Autodesk product with which you are having a problem, append the word “OLD” to that folder
  3. Navigate to “C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk”
  4. For the Autodesk product with which you are having a problem, append the word “OLD” to that folder
  5. Open Regedit and then navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\
  6. If you have more than one AutoCAD product, you’ll see a variety of R1x.x numbers. These correspond to different AutoCAD releases, with the major number incrementing when a new DWG format is released. For a specific list, see here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AutoCAD
  7. Right click on that R1x.x folder, and choose Export. Save this as a backup in case something goes wrong.
  8. Now delete the R1x.x folder that you just exported. 
  9. Now launch Civil 3D and it will rebuild the Autodesk Windows Profile from default.

These solutions are in no particular order and I hope that one of these will resolve your issue. It could possible be just an incomplete install and you might have to reinstall. Please let me know the results when you have had a chance to test these.

Once I know where the cabinet files are I will try that too

Thanks

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 8 of 11
Jason.Ferrelli

Joe,

Thanks for the update. I did create a dropbox folder for you and sent it to the email address we had on file for you. I do not want to publish that address here, so if you could please send me a private message with your current email address I will send you the link to the shared folder.

As I am sure our software folder are not 100% the same, please see the folder structure below to where mine are is located:

\\SUITES\InfrastructureDesign\2014\IDSP\Master\x64\Cp

The last question I have, did you reinstall using the option from the windows control panel, or did you do a complete unistall and reinstall from the setup.exe or deployment?

Jason Ferrelli
Message 9 of 11
Joe-Bouza

I'l get a private message to you shortly.

I replaced the CP folder content in my deployment folder with the contents on the thumb drive. Is that what you had meant?

I used the control panel. I guess the next step would be uninstall?
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 10 of 11
Jason.Ferrelli

Joe,

Yes, once the CP files have been replaced from the USB drive to the deployemnt folder you will need to reinstall the deployment however. Since you will need to reinstall, I would perform a complete unistall first to get two birds with one stone. 

I did receive your private message and will be sending you a link to the sharded folder. I would try overwriting the files prior to doing the step above.

Please let me know the results.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 11 of 11
Joe-Bouza

Ok. I'll let the uninstall run through lunch. I probably wont get back till around 2:00 or so
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report