Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil3D 2013 GPO issue

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
bs
Contributor
1988 Views, 8 Replies

Civil3D 2013 GPO issue

I've downloaded AutoCAD_Civil3D_2013_English_Win_32bit.exe from the subscription centre and created a deployment the same way as I did with earlier releases of Civil. I want to deploy this deployment through GPO and followed the steps discribed here: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Alias/enu/2013/Help/0000-Alias_In0/0001-Install_1/0002-Before_y2/0115-N...

I've managed to complete step 1: To assign a deployment to a computer

The next step is to add a language pack. I selected AcadLP.msi without any problems and added the first MST located in AdminImage\x86\C3D\C3D-DEPLOYMENTNAME.mst. Now I have to add the 2nd MST located in the Tools folder called gpo.mst. But when I try to add this MST I get an errorbox saying: An error occurred accessing the software installation data in the active directory. See the eventlog for additional details.

If I check my eventlog it says:

Software Installation was unable to generate the script for \\DEPLOYMENTLOCATION\AdminImage\x86\en-us\C3D\AcadLP.msi. The following error was encountered: Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.

When I open the AcadLP.msi in ORCA and try to add the gpo.mst file it also says the mst can't be applied.

The 3rd step in the deployment through GPO wiki is: To add the product-specific package. This works as I would imagine it would work and can select both mst's needed here without any problems.

Any help?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bs
Contributor
in reply to: bs

I want to add that I have been able to succesfully install Autocad 2013. It's just the Civil3D release that isn't doing what I expected.

Message 3 of 9
hashim.mundol

We have escalated this case internally, we will check this and get back to you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 9
bboynton
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Please post a solution here as we've run into the same issue.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 9
hashim.mundol
in reply to: bboynton

Sure, we are testing some work arounds, we will post as soon we have the confirmation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 9
hashim.mundol
Moved:

Message 7 of 9
hashim.mundol
in reply to: bboynton

We have tested this and found a workaround for Civil 3d 2013 and GPO

Unzip the attached file(gpo_civil2013_lp.zip) to the tools folder of the deployment image.

Please use this file (gpo_civil2013_lp.mst) against AcadLP.msi instead of gpo.mst.

Please use the original gpo.mst for C3D-<deploymentname>-for-GPO.msi and C3DPS.msi.

Thanks to "bs" for testing this.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 9
timseal

I have the exact same issue but with AutoCAD Electrical 2013. Is there a workaround available for it?

Message 9 of 9

Hello,   

Attached is the LP mst file for ACE2013.

Unzip the attached file(gpo_acade_2013_lp.zip) to the tools folder of the deployment image.  

Please use the file (gpo_acde_lp.mst) against AcadELP.msi instead of gpo.mst.  

Please use the original gpo.mst for acad-<deploymentname>-for-GPO.msi and AcadEPS.msi    

Thanks,     

Robin Shou     

Quality Assurance     

AutoCAD Electrical     

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report