Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIVIL 3D 2013 INSTALL FAILURE

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Dixter
628 Views, 7 Replies

CIVIL 3D 2013 INSTALL FAILURE

I am installing C3D 2013 from a Network Deployment. I have 6 successes and 6 failures. The failures return Error 1603. All our machines have the same components. Why does it load on some and not others? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Kirk Dixon

Windows 7 64 Bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7

860 @ 2.8 GHz

16 GB Ram

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800

Dixter
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
emily.xu
in reply to: Dixter

Hi

You can check the following things:

1  Did you install the product with an admin user?

2  Be sure to turn off the anti-virus

3  If you have installed AutoCAD 2013 Sp 1.1, please uninstall, after you installed all the autodesk product, then apply the SP.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 8
Dixter
in reply to: emily.xu

Emily, In reply to your questions.

1. I am the System Administrator

2. Yes, Antivirus turned off.

3. SP 1 is an add-on to the deployment, installed last.

All our machines are the same and I have done all the installations the same way.

6 successes, six failures.

Any other ideas?

Dixter
Message 4 of 8
emily.xu

Thank you for the update.

For the autocad 2013 Sp1.1, there is an issue that the installation will fail if you have autocad 2013 or vertical product service pack installed on the machine. see this posts.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 5 of 8
Dixter
in reply to: emily.xu

I am installing Civil 3D not AutoCAD. [KRD-EMAIL SIG]
Dixter
Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

It's all the same.  Post your installation log from the failing computer.  It may have some insight to the failure.

Also, you don't want to have another flavor of AutoCAD 2013 already installed. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 8
Dixter
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the response. We have solved the issue. I created a new Admin User & everything went smoothly. [KRD-EMAIL SIG]
Dixter
Message 8 of 8
TravisNave

Well done.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report