Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 2 x64 isn't.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
RandyBenson
543 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 2 x64 isn't.

Got an email from Autodesk titled: "HotFix Available for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"

Clicked on the Readme (Learn more...) link which should go to http://updatesdl.autodesk.com/updates/files/autocad_civil_3d_2013_hotfix_2.htm. The link is broken, but I searched for 'Hotfix 2' on the broken link page and found the hotfix page. It is at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20384157&linkID=9240698.

There is an x32 version and an x64 version of the hotfix.

Having an x64 computer, and the x64 version of C3D 2013 sp1 installed, I clicked on the link to c3d2013_x64_hf2.1.exe.

It downloaded fine, but when run, a message box appears which states the following:

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: RandyBenson

its because you have sp 1 installed

this includes hotfix 2.1

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
RandyBenson
in reply to: DarrenP

Hm. I'd think that as much as C3D phones home, Autodesk CER would know that and would refrain from emailing me about available hotfixes that are rolled up into service packs I've already applied...

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Message 4 of 6
RandyBenson

Thanks. It would be good if Autdesk CEP had included that fact in the readme...

Message 5 of 6
RandyBenson

Or the email.

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: RandyBenson

From the SP1 Readme:

This readme contains the latest information regarding the installation and use of this service pack. It is strongly recommended that you read this entire document before you apply this service pack to your product. AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Service Pack 1 contains the fixes included in AutoCAD 2013 Service Pack 1.1 and AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 Service Pack 1. This service pack includes all previous hotfixes for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 including Hot Fix 1, Hot Fix 2 and Hot Fix 2.1. Because AutoCAD Civil 3D is built on AutoCAD and AutoCAD Map 3D, it is recommended that you also review the AutoCAD and AutoCAD Map 3D readme files at the following locations. For reference, you should save these documents to your hard drive or print a copy.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report