Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2012 Install error - not available for select language

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
thanzlik
641 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3D 2012 Install error - not available for select language

An end user had a hard drive failure recently.  On a fresh drive, installed Win7 x64 (pro).  First piece of software (after driver installation) that I installed was our Design Suite Premium 2012.  All software items show that they will install except for Civil 3D.  It has a small red X next to it, stating "This product or its prerequisites do not support currently selected language".  

The selected language is 'English'.  As is the Win7 OS installation.

In order to get the machine back in service, I installed the rest of the software without issues.  The end user does need Civil 3D though.

Is this due to a license issue - that the old license (from the failed hard drive) is holding up the new installation?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
camilo.lemos
in reply to: thanzlik

Hi thanzlik,

This thread is for a different product and release but it may be helpful for you.

Let us know if this helps solve the issue please:)

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 6
thanzlik
in reply to: camilo.lemos

The link you had lead to this message : "An invalid set of parameters has been specified in the url."

Message 4 of 6
thanzlik

I found the page you were trying to reference :

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/language-error-when-trying-to-install-AutoCAD-L...

Since it was a fresh OS, there was no software installed, so the Design Review issue isn't the issue.

Neither is the virtual machine an issue.

I will check the MS Visual C++ 2005 or 2008 Redistributables though.

Message 5 of 6
thanzlik

2005, 2005 x64, 2008, 2008 x64, and 2010 Redistributables are all installed.

Message 6 of 6
thanzlik
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Any other help on this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report