Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2011 workspace

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
711 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D 2011 workspace

The IT department installed Civil 3D 2011 on my computer while logged in as an administrator.  Everything about the installation appears to be correct while still logged in as an administrator.  But when we switch loggins to my account, I can no longer access the Civil 3D workspace.  I the only workspaces available are "2D...", "3D basic", 3D modeling", and "AutoCAD Classic".  I have verified that all of the support paths match in both loggins and have made sure that I am using the Civil 3D and not the Civil 3d as AutoCAD.  Any suggestions? 

Bob

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sinc
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to start Civil 3D using a Civil 3D profile.

By default, the Windows Shortcut used to start Civil 3D should have a "target" set to the following:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011\AecBase.dbx" /p "<<C3D_Imperial>>"

(Note:  the Profile might actually be "<<C3D_Metric>>" if you are a metric user.)

If your system administrator created a new User Profile for you (which would be the recommended course of action, since the default profiles get "clobbered" during service pack installations), then that Profile name should be substituted for the <<C3D_Imperial>> in the above line.

Sinc
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Sinc

The targe is set to

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011\AecBase.dbx" /p "<<C3D_Imperial>>"

as you said.  Still no luck.

Message 4 of 5
Sinc
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like your Profile is corrupted, then.

You should be able to fix it by doing a Repair Installation.

Another option is to login as the other user and export the working Profile, then switch back to your nonfunctional user and import the working profile.

The caveat to this is that Profiles that have those angle brackets in the names do not import properly.  So you'll probably have to rename the working Profile prior to exporting it.  One way to do this is to login as the working user, go to OPTIONS -> Profiles, then select "Add to List...".   This should create a copy of your current Profile, with a different name.

Sinc
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Sinc

That did it.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report