Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d 2011 Installed. Now get Error installing Civil 3D 2010

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
890 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3d 2011 Installed. Now get Error installing Civil 3D 2010

User received a new system and was only going to be using Civil 3D 2011 so it was installed. Now they also need Civil 3D 2010 but we aren't able to get it installed. Do we need to remove 2011first, install 2010 and then reinstall 2011?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

No, the products are separate and should not affect one another.  What is the error that you are getting on the 2010 install?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Correction: We are having issues installing Civil 3D 2009. Civil 2011 has already been installed but it seems like the 2009 install never completed. Occasionally I get the initialization screen pop up but the install seems to never go any further. I notice the AutoCAD install process in the task manager however no matter how long I wait it never completes (the .exe resides there till the machine is rebooted or terminated manually). I have tried installing CAD via the network (as it was packaged this way with no luck). I have also tried installing it by copying the whole package to the local machine with no luck either.

Are there any registry entries/files I can look into removing so the install will go through? It seems to be stalling (pc does not freeze or slow down either during this time). Are there any issues with this installing because of the 2011 that exists on the machine?

I look forward for your response.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Any updates?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

problem was related to previsously installed viewer that was conflicting with the silent install of the other version of Civil 3D. Rebuilt the deployment as non-silent, uninstalled conflicting software and the new Civil 3d install completed properly.

The silent install should write to the log file any conflict it finds that are preventing the silent install to work properly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report