Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2011 Cannot find single license server

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
folkewm
1041 Views, 1 Reply

Civil 3D 2011 Cannot find single license server

We have a floating license available on a single network server at port 25005, the Civil 3D 2011 client install asks for the server name, but never asks for the port number.  We've been unable to get any clients to appear in the daemon log with any sort of attempt.  I've edited license.lic, nosed through the registry, and still cannot figure out where you can set the license server information for this product.  Basically, the client appears to be pointing to the wrong location for its licenses, and we'd like to know how to change edit value.  thx

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: folkewm

Set a system environment variable on the client.

Variable name:  ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE

Variable value:  @SERVERNAME (put the hostname of the server behind the @)

This will override any setting and point the client to the correct server.  Make sure you can verify connectivity to the server thru PING. 

Default ports for Autodesk licenses are at 2080 and 27000~27009. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report