Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking Licence problem AutoCAD 2013 student

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
james_surtees
15766 Views, 12 Replies

Checking Licence problem AutoCAD 2013 student

Hello everyone.

I have installed autocad 2013 with a standalone student serial and product key. when it gets to the checking licence part of the startup, it freezes and i get this error message:

The license files (or license server system network addresses) attempted are
listed below. Use LM_LICENSE_FILE to use a different license file,
or contact your software provider for a license file.

feature:    ACD_F_S 

Licence path:  ; 

FLEXnet Licensing error:-1,359. System Error: 2 "No such file or directory"
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

Could anyone tell me whats going wrong, i've looked through what the problem might be, but nothings worked so far, and i'm just going round in circles now. any help would be appriciated.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
TravisNave
in reply to: james_surtees

That error seems to indicate you installed as a network version rather than stand-alone...  Is that the case?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 13
james_surtees
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the reply. 

No, i checked the standalone box during installation, on the page where it asks for your serial and product key.

Message 4 of 13
peterhku

I also installed the studentversion of autocad architecture today, on a single license. Bootcamp, windows XP. 2011 ran until 2 weeks ago, then stopped at a grey screen. So I tried an upgrade, but the result is the same:

Checking license..... and nothing. It starts the fnplicensingservice. PLease Autodesk, do something about this.

Message 5 of 13
st10000226

I have the same problem but it just freezes with no errors! checking licence.. then nothing!
Any help please? 

Message 6 of 13
bitemeborb

Good luck! Autodesk has not been able to resolve the Checking License problem for me after almost 2 months. They had me try this and that and anything else but the results are still the same. The best thing to do is to go backwards to an old version of AutoCAD that actually works.

Message 7 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: st10000226

Here are the steps needed to resolve, posted by our Installation and Licensing team along with a few other useful solutions.

1. Uninstall AutoCAD.
2.  Create a new user account with Admin.
3. Install AutoCAD with the settings below:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/03/general-systems-windows-7-administrator-tips-tric...

4.  Checking license is something related to your computer.  It is not connecting to the internet.

http://autode.sk/OoomPG

http://autode.sk/Oootut

http://autode.sk/OooBu0

http://autode.sk/OooJdd

Message 8 of 13
peterhku

Well, you know, how about switching to Vectorworks for now? I already wasted so many hours (over 40!) on autocads problems i will stop trying for the next few months. Applications are supposed to work and to be helpful. The learningcurve is horrendous and the installation a nightmare until now. 
So maybe we'll meet again, but only when nothing else is an alternative. 

Message 9 of 13

im having a problem with the student version to it pops up a screen that says checking license and its a white box anyway you can help me solve this. please reply back.

Message 10 of 13
prem.savio

Hey Guys

I don't know how far this is gonna be useful. But this is what we did for a problem similar to the one mentioned above.

One of our customers had installed AutoCAD 2013 as a standalone version and when we tried to open it, it hung up on the Checking License screen.

We set the FLEXLM_DIANOSTICS environmental variable & it indicated the error to be Flexlm License Error no -1.359 (Cannot find license file).

We turned the antivirus (Kaspersky) off completely & opened AutoCAD. We had to wait for a few minutes but eventually it was activated and it opened without any problems.

It worked for us, may be it will for you too.

Regards

Prem Savio

Message 11 of 13
bitemeborb
in reply to: prem.savio

Thanks very much for the information. I have McAfee and turned off everything I could on it but alas it still hangs up on the checking license screen. I have given up on AutoCad and switched instead to TurboCad where I had better luck and slightly better customer support. I really do appreciate the feedback.
Message 12 of 13
melvinbrowne
in reply to: st10000226

yeah me too it just go to checking licence the bam nothing happends.......

Message 13 of 13
bitemeborb
in reply to: bitemeborb

Since Autodesk cannot find a fix to this problem I woud find another CAD program to use that is friendlier.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report