Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing installation types with Upgrade version?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jason
300 Views, 3 Replies

Changing installation types with Upgrade version?

Currently I have a network installation with Autodesk 2010 and have the 2011 upgrade to it.  I'm wondering if it is as simple as uninstalling the 2010 version on the network and installing the 2011 on just the one PC.  (The network installation has only one seat and we won't be adding to it)

Thanks for any help or direction that can be provided.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: jason

Your question is vague.  You do not have to uninstall your old version of AutoCAD to install the new one.  If your product was upgraded as a network seat and is still a network seat, you must install it as a network seat and upgrade your license manager to include your 2011 file. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
jason
in reply to: TravisNave

You do not have to uninstall your old version of AutoCAD to install the new one.  If your product was upgraded as a network seat and is still a network seat, you must install it as a network seat and upgrade your license manager to include your 2011 file.

Thank you for the response and I apologize for the Vagueness of the original question.

The 2010 Version was purchased as a single installation but then converted to a network seat.  However there was only ever one seat purchased and it hasn't worked the way we were hoping.  We have purchased a LT version for the other person that was "sharing" that one seat.

We had been looking at taking it from a network "seat" or installation to a local install to a single PC previously and I'm wondering with doing the upgrade if now might be a good time to do it?

Is this possible? and what might that process look like?

Thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: jason

The network activation is more expensive.  Since you've already had it converted to network seat, you might as well keep it that way. Just install the license manager on the local machine where you have your single user.  Then it won't be an issue. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report