Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing 32 bit to 64 bit using same serial number/product key

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bittyjunior
2134 Views, 2 Replies

changing 32 bit to 64 bit using same serial number/product key

Hi,

I'm running AutoCAD LT 2013 on Windows 7 professional 32 bit. I want to change to Windows 7 64 bit in order to add more RAM to my laptop (the current 4gb RAM doesn't sem to be enough)

I gather I have to do a clean install of Windows to upgrade to 64 bit, but is it then possible for me to re-download the AutoCAD 2013 LT from Autodesk in 64 bit and then install using the same product key/serial number as my 32 bit software?

Thanks for any help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: bittyjunior

Yes, you can use the same product key/serial number for both variants of LT2013.

But you need to contact your laptop manufacturer and confirm you can go to Windows 64bit and still be able to use your laptop/drivers etc. first.

PS: why do you think you need more RAM for LT2013? Laptops are slow, more RAM is not going to speed things up much.

Message 3 of 3
bittyjunior
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm just exploring all options concerning upgrading at the moment. I know going the desktop route is by far the best but funds are tight. I also use programs like Solidworks etc so need to squeeze as much out of my laptop as I can.

Anyway, thanks for the information, much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report